[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomorrow morning I am starting my journey from Linz, Austria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Tomorrow morning I am starting my journey from Linz, Austria to Prague, Czech.

I will be biking 228km and I hope to make it within 20 hours. I have a tent with me, but I will try to skip sleeping and do it in one run. I am Dutch, so biking in a terrain with hills and mountains will be exicting.

I weigh 115KG (1,85cm) and have a shit condition, am I gonna make it?

Also, give me tips.
>>
>>1137917
Fat 115kg or muscular 115kg?
>>
>>1137921
Fat.
>>
Have you tried biking a quarter of that before?
If it's 115kg of fat you're carrying with you, it's gonna be quite a challenge. Obviously it can be done but doing 228 in the middle of hills and mountains will make you want to die real soon.

But good luck anyway, hoping to do a long distance route to another county myself this summer.
>>
>>1137917
Dont do it.

Depending on your level of determination, you may or not make it. I can GUARANTEE you will cramp up the next day and be unable to leave the bed. There is also an excellent chance you will need to be hospitalized at some point either during or right after your trip.

Even pros dont travel that long because the body cannot take it. You need rest and you need sleep. For more information on why you're retarded please consult >>>/n/
>>
Even though you want to get there fast because it sucks to have to sleep on side of road you should do 10 hrs then sleep for the night and finish the next day, I used to stay up for 24hrs sitting down using computer even that made my heart palpatate from lack of rest I can't imagine 20hrs of nonstop biking at the same speed plus mountains.

You should expect to make it there in 25ish hours because of steep terrain plus around 8 hours for sleep, this is only reasonable, you'll be fine though, have fun!

Good luck
>>
>>1137917
>>I will be biking 228km and I hope to make it within 20 hours.
>>I weigh 115KG (1,85cm) and have a shit condition
>>Fat.

>>1137954
>> you'll be fine
Are you nuts? A fat dude with shit condition wanting to pedal 200+km in one go will be fine!?
He can literally die of a heart attack!

You know, I he does, actually. The way the world will get rid of a retarded fat idiot.
>>
>>1137953
>Even pros dont travel that long because the body cannot take it

What? Ever heard of the Tour de France? They ride these distances daily.
>>
>>1137962
lol you can look up the legs of the tour on their website. The biggest distance they're riding this year is 237,5km from Saumur to Limoges. And thats not through the fucking Alps, so it's easier than what OP is planning.

And those are people who have been training their entire lifes.
>>
1) This way is very hilly. The Vltava valley is deep and NOT flat. You will be still going up or down hill basically. Be sure to plan your road not on google maps but on this useful touristic and bike-touristic maps, it will plan you a road using cyclo-touristic paths and avoid the main roads.

https://mapy.cz/s/Ryku

2) From my experience, anyone can do 100 km in one day, if you are determined enough you can do even 150 km, but biking more will be really exhausting. Anyway, it is not impossible, just very hard. Good luck.
>>
It's raining tomorrow.
>>
>>1138004
A couch potato CANNOT do 100km in one day.
A fairly fit person that has never cycled maybe, but a noob that doesn't exercise at all simply cannot do it. Not without serious health risks and being unable to move an inch on the next day.

It seems like people simply underestimate cycling as an exercise and think that it's oh so easy that anyone can jump on and go.
No, it's not.

Also, depends on the kind of bike and how much extra weigh you're taking with you. If you're biking with a bag, it'll be heavier and much harder on your body. And the guy is already a fucking whale of fat.

Also, if you've never cycled long distances, you have no idea how much or what kind of drinks and food to take nor how often you should ingest them, which is essential if you don't want to fuck your body in the short term (though nothing really permanent, I'd guess).
>>
>>1137953

>Even pros dont travel that long because the body cannot take it

yes they do, plenty of amateurs do as well, there are hundreds and hundreds of events that cover much longer distances in much shorter time, without killing anyone

20 hours is a long-ass time, as long as he paces himself and gets enough rest/food even someone untrained like OP should be fine

he'll be sore as fuck afterwards, but still
>>
Did you make it, OP? Elaborate.
>>
>>1138621
OP died because >>1138015
>>
>>1137974

I dont care about all the irrelevant nonsense in your post.

Your statement that pro cyclist dont ride 200km rides because their body cannot take it, is simply incorrect.
>>
Beautiful man!
Good luck ;)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.