[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I'm a particular good looking slim male with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 86-batman-vs-joker.jpg (151 KB, 1435x984) Image search: [Google]
86-batman-vs-joker.jpg
151 KB, 1435x984
Hey guys I'm a particular good looking slim male with a beard travelling from the US, I enjoy indie musics and drinking. Will I get raped travelling Europe? I heard Europe is pretty disgusting in regards to backpackers.

How do I avoid getting raped and showing my superior US heritage?
>>
If you happen to get overheard, while walking alongside the River Thames, pausing, pointing to the other side of the river, and exclaiming to bystanders in a booming, nasal American whine "IS THAT FRAAANCE?", then yes. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>1137851
Backpackers aren't really a thing in the US without it being the stereotype of homeless people/off the grid types. Most people travel/tourist here with a hotel + rental car kind of experience, since public transportation is kind of lax in nearly all cities, and it's how you see the US. Since it's not such a thing, yes, you make yourself a bit of a target to criminals when you wear all your earthly belongings on your back, or have people turn up your noses at your smell. It's more acceptable for youth to travel this way, esp in an outdoorsy situation, where camping and outdoors nature pursuits make it practical.

It goes without saying that in Europe, it's a more popular thing where you can save a lot of money, travel longer on less, to do the backpacking lifestyle, but it's got some of the same issues, where you don't blend in like a local when you aren't a college student going to school yet have a backpack on. Use your street smarts and common sense to avoid risk, and not do things you wouldn't do at home. Hostels carry risk, but so do hotel rooms where staff enters your room. If rape is your primary concern? Don't sleep in non-private rooms with en suite baths. Don't go to bars/clubs to pick people up. Don't accept drinks from strangers. Keep banking hours for your sightseeing pursuits, and switch to taxis for door to door rides for evening jaunts. Have a working cellphone at all times.
>>
>>1137851
See you in Hostel 4
>>
>>1137851
Kek, beards are what betas have A) because they have poor hygiene B) to hide acne and weak jawlines. You're a probably gangly and unattractive 4/10 who does this "mysterious cultured artist" act to make up for his shortcomings.

Pic or I'm right.
>>
>>1137851

>I heard Europe is pretty disgusting in regards to backpackers.

But why? It's the place in the world that most people backpack in. It's just commonplace to them
>>
>>1137851
Yes, it's dangerous here. Don't come. Stay in America.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.