[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trip to Iran
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1355677175928.jpg (330 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1355677175928.jpg
330 KB, 800x800
Redpill me on Iran lads, I'm 22 and hoping to book a trip to Iran in August, what should I see, which parts are least Islamised and what is Tehran like?
>>
>>1137745
Why would you go to the Islamic Republic of Iran if you don't want to see things that are Islamic?
>>
claim jewish ancestry
get a free trip to israel through birthright israel
>>
Consider going in a cooler month.

I recommend Qom, Esfahan, Yazd and Shiraz.

>which parts are least Islamised
What exactly do you mean by this?
Places like Qom and Mashhad are obviously more conservative than, say, Tehran, Shiraz and Tabriz.

Tehran is a huge city with awful trafic. You need not spend much time there. Don't miss Khomeini's mausoleum though.

>>1137818
If you go to Israel you will be denied entry to Iran. Iran is very beautiful. It might be a sharia state, but there is nothing you should worry about. Don't miss out on Iran, it's a very safe, beautiful, hospitable and cheap country.
>>
>>1137745
What do you mean by "Islamised"? Are you looking for Zoroastrian remnants?

Tehran is a huge city with all walks of life represented. What you want to see depends on what you're interested in. Be aware that the country is quite big.
>>
>>1137838
I'm going to Iran next month. Will 1000 US dollars be enough for a month?
>>
>>1138075
Yes.
>>
>>1138075
You are an American citizen? I've read we can only go to Iran on guided tours (always accompanied). Do you know your plan for your trip yet?
I'm dying to go there myself but not so interested in the hand-holding
>>
File: chess08.jpg (58 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
chess08.jpg
58 KB, 450x320
>>1138098
I don't know what the political stability's like there, is it so much that you can only go to certain parts of it in certain towns, and what is left of the pre Islamic culture?
>>
>>1138098
>>1138448

Untrue. You have free reign for the most part, but I don't advise doing that.

Political culture is stable despite what the media and US Govt sites tell you.

Don't film anything and don't be seen taking pictures of non tourist stuff.

Don't go if you have any Iranian ancestry because you will be detained.

I really wouldn't recommend Iran unless you are Muslim. I am, so the trip worked out fine for me.
>>
>>1137838
>If you go to Israel you will be denied entry to Iran
No you won't. They haven't been stamping passports for a long time now.
>>
>>1138472
>I really wouldn't recommend Iran unless you are Muslim.
Why? I loved Iran.
>>
>>1138472
Shia?
>>
>>1138479
Can confirm. You get a sticker.
>>
File: desktop1426778641.jpg (99 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
desktop1426778641.jpg
99 KB, 650x650
>>1137745
OP pic is Dresden after WWII not Iran
>>
>>1137745
I am in the process of getting my Iranian citizenship. There is compulsory military service there so be careful unless you have a travel visa
>>
I enjoyed reading Mirrors of the Unseen by Jason Elliot. Writing style is a little too flowery but travels through a lot of interesting areas, gives a good insight on Iranian culture and architecture. I'd recommend giving it a read before going.
>>
>>1138472
I'm Sunni, what's it like being Sunni over there? Is it better not to mention religion?
>>
>>1138472
>Don't go if you have any Iranian ancestry because you will be detained.

Wait, what?
>>
>>1138640
There is no discrimination towards sunni, christian or jewish tourists.
>>
>>1138516
Do you still have to declare stuff like that? Is the record on a database somewhere so they will know?

I'd like to go to Iran but I don't want the extra visa hassle from the US if I do go. If I could get a clean passport when this one expires and circumvent it, it would be nice
>>
>>1139070
>I'd like to go to Iran but I don't want the extra visa hassle from the US if I do go. If I could get a clean passport when this one expires and circumvent it, it would be nice
I'm wondering this too. I went to Iran a few months before this bullshit and I was planning to visit family in the US. I was thinking of 'losing' my passport and apply for a new one.
>>
>>1139070
I'm also curious about how strict the US travel ban is on people who have been to Iran. If I have a clean passport will that be enough, or will they snoop through my FB and find my Iran trip pictures and deny entry?

I really want to go to Iran but it would suck not being able to enter the US.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.