[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Machu Picchu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: machu_2653358a-xlarge.jpg (140 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
machu_2653358a-xlarge.jpg
140 KB, 858x536
I don't get it.

I'm not a real traveler; conversely I prioritize going to see the big major sites around the world.

But whats so special about some generic ruins on a mountain side?

It doesn't seem nearly as interesting or grandoise as something like Angkor Wat.

Just look at this. What makes so many people want to go here?

You can see mountains everywhere, and such dilapidated ruins anywhere
>>
those

fucking

mountains

Also it's not just "some ruins"

It's an entire city on the top of a mountain.
>>
>>1137446
If you fail to see the attraction of the place then don't go.
Places don't get UNESCO world heritage status for being uninteresting.
>>
>>1137509
oh i could come up with a sizable list of uninteresting unesco sites
>>
>>1137446
>What makes so many people want to go here?
In some cases because they don't know any better.
For example I found Uxmal to be infinitely better than Chichén Itzá, however it only received a fraction of the visitors Chichén got.

I did not see Machu Picchu, even though I could have, but you're not giving it its due credit, OP.
>>
>>1137446
I'm going there August 20th and doing the 4 day. Can't fucking wait. I guess if something like that doesn't interest you straight away, it's pretty hard to explain to you how it might.
>>
>>1137446
Some people just go to places for the sake of saying that they did. What does it matter to you what their reasoning is?
>>
im currently in mongolia. im outside the capital, about 20ks but i can bus to and from easier. where im at currently is beautiful. huge mountains all around me. im staying on the side of one at the moment. i dont mind the city, it has it pros and cons like the countryside. i just wanted to get away from all the noise, the advertisements and general annoyances you dont get in the city. i can see where you're coming from though. you should check out both.
>>
>>1137902
you get in the city*
>>
All I can say is that I've been there, and I really had teh feeling that I was someplace special.

Very happy I went. Angkor Wat is high on my wish list, even though I've heard people say the same thing about it that you're saying about MP.
>>
>>1137446
People like what you do not like? Shocked, SHOCKED I am to learn of this.

Why is this an issue for you?

>>1137516

"Uninteresting" is not an objective descriptor.

>>1137986
>Angkor Wat is high on my wish list
Among the neatest places I have been, especially given the number of sites in the area.
>>
>>1138023
>Among the neatest places I have been, especially given the number of sites in the area.
Awesome. Any tips/advice for seeing it and Cambodia in general?
>>
>>1138034
Yeah, but lightning storm is rolling in and given the experie3nce of the last few days, I expect to lose power. Bumping to keep thread up, I'll post tomorrow if modem don't fry.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.