[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to be going with my Girlfriend to Florence for 2 days full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: firenze.jpg (178 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
firenze.jpg
178 KB, 1024x768
Going to be going with my Girlfriend to Florence for 2 days full days. Any suggestions? Uffizi seems to be the only thing to do from a quick look.
>>
>>1136050
Im there in 3 Days, plz send Foto so I can punch you
>>
Florence is the most beautiful city in the world. Jampacked with things to do and explore.
>>
>>1136065
I'll be there. Where you staying? fight?
>>
File: duomo_firenze.jpg (907 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
duomo_firenze.jpg
907 KB, 1600x1200
>>1136050

>the only thing to do from a quick look
Whaaat?!

Florence is so rich that you could stay there for your whole life to really get to know it. There are plenty of museums and art sites, plenty of hidden angles to discover. I'll give you two decent what-to-do lists and a list for museums, but I recommend you also to explore the city by your own.

http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/aroundtuscany/10-things-to-do-florence/

http://www.timeout.com/travel/features/1245/20-great-things-to-do-in-florence

Museums - http://www.museumsinflorence.com/

However you only have 2 days, so I recommend you to visit Pitti Palace, a huge museum with a huge park, very different than usual. (Of course, only once you have visited the Uffizi and entered the dome).
>>
>>1136050
Went on a vespa tour of tuscany, including meal and glass of wine. No experience needed.
http://www.viator.com/tours/Florence/Florence-Vespa-Tour-Tuscan-Hills-and-Italian-Cuisine/d519-5070FLORENCEVESPA
>>
>>1136050
Reposting this from an earlier thread:

If you're into art, then the Uffizi Gallery is the way to go. Plenty of artworks of various forms to see, and it includes Boticelli's famous paintings Primavera and The Birth of Venus.

To a lesser extent there's also the Galleria dell'Accademia, which deals mainly in sculpture and is best known for housing Michelangelo's David. Some of the statues in the galleria (including David) actually have duplicates out near the Palazzo Vecchio in a little area known as Loggia di Lanza which is worth a quick look.

In terms of city viewing, I recommend heading up to Piazzale Michelangelo by way of the bridge at Ponte Vecchio. Both of these attractions aren't actually very good in and of themselves - the bridge is very touristy and the piazzale itself is basically a parking lot where street vendors try to sell you selfie sticks - but you can get a good view of the Arno from the bridge and the whole of Florence from over the edge of the piazzale.

There are also dozens of churches, as expected of Italy, arguably the most recognizable of which is il Duomo which marks the city center. If you like giant Renaissance-era stone architecture, then welcome to flavor country.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.