[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Madagascar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: madagascar_physio-2003.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2404) Image search: [Google]
madagascar_physio-2003.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2404
Going to Madagascar tomorrow, any last minute tips you guys have? I've learned a little Malagasy, just some basics to be able to thank and address people properly, and stocked up on anti-malaria drugs.

I've read about fady, their local taboos, but is that really something to take into account or is it exaggerated?
>>
>>1135703
>stocked up on anti-malaria drugs
You should always buy anti-malaria drugs at the place. There are different strains across the world and different medications. Don't count on the drugs to really protect you, lately there has been high resistance and not only against malaria drugs.
>>
>>1135708
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/country_table/m.html

just so you can double check op.... malarone should be fine. remember to take once daily, if you vomit 1 hr after taking pill take another one and IMPORTANT to go to the doctor and inform him of your venture whenever you get sick 1year from visiting a malaria infested region. safe travels
>>
File: thumbsupsamus.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupsamus.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>1135708
>>1135711
Thanks, I've travelled a lot in Africa before and I've stocked up on the right stuff, don't worry. Preventing getting bitten in the first place tends to be the most important part.
>>
>>1135703
I never take anti-malaria drugs and never happened anything to me. I know it's just a gamble and anytime anything can happen to me but so far so good...

Enjoy Madagascar! One of the best destinations on my account if not the best. What is your route going to be? I found fadys exaggerated but it may depend on the area. They do have them but they are also aware you are not from around.

Interested in your route and the sources you used to put it together, don't hesitate sharing it.
>>
>>1135762
I'm only going for 16 days, so I'm going by car starting at Antananarivo, driving down to Antsirabe, Ambositra, Fianar, , and from there west to Toliara, then north and back to Antananarivo. I'll miss out on the north and east but the north is painful to get to right now (the national flights are very discouraged and dangerous atm), so I'm not doing that.
>>
>>1135766
I went there for 16 days too and I did your itinerary plus a couple of days at Morondava because of the Baobabs. It was a bit rushy but can be done
>>
>>1135781
Yeah, makes sense. I'm skipping on the baobabs, I'm sure it's beautiful but I've been to very similar places in Botswana and Namibia, to stay a little longer in some other spots
>>
>>1135708
This isn't true. In many areas of Africa counterfeit (placebo) anti-malarial drugs are common. Bring your own whenever possible.
>>
How much is your travelling cost? I would love to go there but I bet it's really expensive.

Also, what flights from which countries are you taking. That's another thing that makes me not want to go to Madagascar and Africa in general I don't trust African flights
>>
>>1135830
I'm going Amsterdam -> Paris -> Antananarivo, around 1100 bucks and then ~1500 for staying there

granted I'm staying in lodges and such, sleeping could be cheaper

It's a bit of an out of the way location, going to Egypt or South Africa or whatever is way cheaper
>>
I can't wait to go to that place and Martinique. I'd blend perfectly with the locals.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.