[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I don't want to visit the usual tourist spots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1466453521557.png (444 KB, 1247x881) Image search: [Google]
1466453521557.png
444 KB, 1247x881
>I don't want to visit the usual tourist spots
>>
>>1134572
The usual tourist spots are like that for a reason. Because they're the best places and the ones most worth going, and everyone knows that.

If other places were as good they'd be the usual tourist spots too
>>
Just because a place is more famous than another place, doesn't make it better. I thought people on this board should know this.
However, categorically skipping every tourist spot is also stupid.
>>
And that seems to be everything that needs to be said on this topic.
>>
>>1134572
it's probably more appropriate if people said: "we don't want recommendations that we can easily google about" because why would i go on an expert site if it's just going to tell me something i could easily google, right?
>>
>>1134572
That's great, when you come to the US check out Kansas. Nobody comes here, we're totally unique and off the beaten path. Nothing cliche at all.
>>
>>1134595
Actually making this a stop after Dallas. Coming from Florida to Colorado.
Wichita, Hays, and Colby are all on the route. Anything I'm missing, or should see?
>>
>>1134613
If you must visit 3 cities in Kansas:
Topeka, has one of more unique state capitol buildings. Good art and murals, a copper dome instead of gold or stone.
Lawrence is partying beer etc and college kid crap is your scene
Dodge City old west history stuff, I liked the Boot Hill Museum.

There's nothing special in any of those places you mentioned. You can see a movie in Wichita I guess, they have some nice theaters.
>>
The worse one is

>i want to get off the beaten path

To do fucking what lmao?
>>
>>1134619
To beat some more paths.
>>
File: topeka women.jpg (83 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
topeka women.jpg
83 KB, 630x419
>>1134616
Topeka is full of qts as you can clearly see.

Hutchinson also has an excellent air and space museum, very much worth the visit.

Garden City is a nice stop on the way to Colorado, you can visit a meat packing plant.
>>
>>1134583
Precisely.
>>
>>1134572
why is she so ugly
>>
>>1134572
>>1134619

So fucking sick of this "Le RealTraveler^TM" meme.

There are benefits to going a bit off the so-called beaten track as well as visiting big and famous tourist sites. Anybody who can't appreciate or understand either perspective should be taken out back and shot.
>>
>>1134711
go off the beaten path close to hone yanqui
>>
>>1134694
This. I want to see Yellowstone.....I don't want to wander around in the woods behind that Boston Market near your house.
>>
>>1134711
>there are benefits to going a bit off the so-called beaten track

There aren't though, that isn't something good in and of itself. There are benefits to seeing interesting things, wherever they are, anyone who pays attention to how many tourists there are around is an idiot.
>>
where shall i go to in september? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i wanted to go to kambodia/viatnam but noticed that it raining season... japan is expensive... i am from europe... thinking about portugal..
>>
>>1134572
>not staying a couple days in a city
>one day for usual tourist spots
>Remaining days getting lost in the city and having fun before leaving

That's how I met a bro Drunken Ruski at 9Am in Tallinn who I drank with and then got me a cheap, beautiful Estonian prostitute. Sure it was shady as fuck, but if youre traveling and expecting to be in a safe space the entire time you might want to rethink the way you travel.
>>
>>1134616
w-why would anyone want to visit Kansas ?
>>
>>1134616
>Kansas
I read this as "Kaunas" and sat there for a good minute thinking, "What the fuck is this guy talking about?? Dodge City in Lithuania? When did the wild west come to Eastern Europe?" but then I realized he just said "Kansas."
>>
>>1134863

Sure. Whatever you wand to tell yourself.

I fucking hate how /trv/ is turning into this meme-filled place - kind of like the rest of 4chan. If you don't like what somebody else likes, you're "le RealTraveler" or "le ContikiTour Boy."

Grow up, homie. Some people are going to want to go see the big ticket landmarks, and other people are going to want to see what life is like in a tiny village in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. A great number of other folks are going to want to do and experience a mix of both.
>>
Only time I really benefited from going off the beaten path was when I went to the less-touristy clubbing district in Seoul. I didn't actually get laid but I got a lot of attention and if I wasn't autistic maybe I could have pulled.
>>
>>1134865
go do a Balkan roadtrip anon
>>
>>1134932
yeah.... no.... i thought about this already but i've been already to belgrad for a long weekend not so long ago...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.