[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could take one quality/habit/social attribute from a country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: cara-brows.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cara-brows.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
If you could take one quality/habit/social attribute from a country you visited, and put it in your country, what would that be ?
>>
Tits and ass of American women to Japan.
>>
>>1134500
The easy-goingness of Italy. You wanna chat with total strangers for a bit? No problem: it's a nice way to pass the time between two bus stops. If you did that over here, they'd just as likely throw you off the bus rather than talk to you.
>>
>>1134508
Where do you live ? Sweeden ? Russia ?
>>
>>1134514
So close, both times. Finland.
>>
The average wealth and income of a Monegasque.
>>
>>1134500
Park drinking from Finland and Estonia. In the summer, the sun's up until 10 or 11 o'clock. Whole families just go down to the park and drink while the kids run around. There's no litter because poor people are scrambling to take your empties for a few cents. It's super chill and way more fun that going to a bar or a house party.
>>
>>1134546
Finland, the good life of Sweden combined with with the unfriendliness of Russia

t.dutch
>>
>>1134581
Instead of this what about their emphasis on education and actually useful degrees, and trying to learn about why you do things rather than just doing them?

Gave a presentation to one of their schools once and I admired that.
>>
From Amemeica

Went to Qatar and every single restaurant, from nicer ones to mcdonalds, delivered. That'd be kind of cool to have
>>
Janteloven from Scandinavia over to to North America. I think it's pretty cool whereas north America is always about seeming cool as we're essentially brands
>>
Ladyboys from Thailand to UK
>>
>>1134500
>If you could take one quality/habit/social attribute from a country you visited, and put it in your country, what would that be ?
People who are quiet and well-behaved in restaurants. Consideration of others to not be intrusive upon others experience. This is something I have noticed in multiple other cultures abroad, where you can be in a room with 100 people and yet hear a pin drop. People even whisper to each other on a bus. It's not a given that people aren't polite in my own country, but it can be a matter of class to have some awareness or care of not bothering other people. You see it most in some parents who quickly hustle out of a building to remove a crying child to quiet them versus wait it out like it's natural and everyone should expect that is what kids do. A different philosophy to be sure.
>>
>>1135368
Where do you live ? the US ?
>>
>>1135149
*Jantelagen you unintelligent pleb
>>
>>1135576

It's jantelagen in Swedish, but the author was Norwegian/Danish, and it's called janteloven in both of those languages.
>>
>>1135368
>You see it most in some parents who quickly hustle out of a building to remove a crying child to quiet them versus wait it out like it's natural and everyone should expect that is what kids do.
Thats actually something I like.
Germans hate little children. In countries like Greece or Turkey they are allowed to be themselves and nobody will bother a mother just because her child is crying. There wont be ugly looks when a child falls down and screams for mommy.
>>
>>1135368
>expect that is what kids do
Well, that is what kids do
>>
Hot, uber feminine women that are easy for me to fuck, from Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, Kenya, Ethiopia, Colombia... to the US.
>>
"your autism doesn't stand out" from the entire island of ireland to the USA
>>
>>1135917
>"your autism doesn't stand out" from the entire island of ireland to the USA

What exactly do you mean by this? Are guys from Ireland as bad with girls as I am? Does this mean there is actually a chance I get laid when I go?
>>
Koreans eating and cooking culture. I'm American

They work too fucking much but their food is amazing and healthy. I wasn't used to seeing people eat healthy every meal.

쌈밥
김치 찌개
삼겹살
곱창
순대 국밥

Literally every meal comes with a bunch of side dishes so you always get veggies and healthy shit.
>>
>>1135576
>>1135768
Yeah, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>1134500
The cleanliness and order of Germany
>>
The legal brothels of Germany.
>>
>>1135987
Hell ya, I miss Korea mainly for this.... and the Soju..
>>
>>1135130
What flyover state city do you live in where you don't have numerous delivery options?
>>
The politeness of the Japanese
>>
>>1135935
less to do with women, more just ... i dunno i felt like i flowed thru the masses like a fish thru water
>>
File: PSMix_2016_01_09_17_47_00.png (524 KB, 716x1273) Image search: [Google]
PSMix_2016_01_09_17_47_00.png
524 KB, 716x1273
Whatever it was that made my ex want to date me in my country, but then fall out of love with me because "we're just from different worlds" when I moved to visit her and travel around

Someone kill me now
>>
>>1136609
I used to live in Bahrain so I know what he is talking about. There is a difference than have numerous options for delivery and literally almost every restaurant delivers. From fast food, to chains, to local restaurants. And most can be ordered through a single phone number or app. The hungerline or the talabat.com app or website. http://www.talabat.com/
>>
German productivity
>>
>>1136702
How you doing, Bahrain's tourism ministry ?
>>
>>1134500
Not giving a fuck about your neighbors in a peeping tom kind of way (no curtains, because who cares?), but still being nice to strangers and just being nice in general. Amsterdam was cool as shit.
Go alone into a club at 1am? Fine, have fun. Walk around by your lonesome at 4 am? Have a chat with a stranger for half of the way, why not?
Do that where I'm from and people think you're crazy, people in clubs, bars etc. will look at you like you're a radioactive mutant from Mars
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.