[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is giving up a stable, well-paid job for a job which decently,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: funny-pictures-of-dogs-running.jpg (27 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
funny-pictures-of-dogs-running.jpg
27 KB, 450x299
Is giving up a stable, well-paid job for a job which decently, pretty stable, yet allows you to live abroad and see the world worth it? I am from an Asian family, and my parents will certainly be against it as they want me to live close to them and give them part of my income. Is making such a decision immoral or naive?
>>
You're from an Asian family.
You're supposed to be working in a high profile job, aiming to become the CEO while keeping the stability at 120%.
Why are you even considering going to a lesser job? Are you that naive?
And yes, it's immoral to go against your parents wishes and even worse to leave then behind and move to another country.
>>
>>1134279
>stability at 120%
Is that even possible?
>>
>>1134259
It's your life dude. Do whatever you want.
>>
I think even culture aside, lots of mitigating and aggravating factors could be at play here. Are you an only child, or do you have multiple siblings? Financially speaking, would the part of the income they expect from you be needed for basic necessities (lodging, food, transport), or are they already able to provide for themselves as it is? Setting aside the obvious effort/financial expenditure of raising you in your childhood, depending on your current age, have you been provided a quality of live over-and-above what is seen as normal in your culture by your parents (paid for university, allowance in your teenage years, possibly even a car) with the explicit understanding that the flow would be reversed once you are established and capable of "returning the favor"?

>>1134468
Agreed unless OP has been getting a super sweet deal with the understanding he would return the favor. Immoralities aside, it would be a dick move to take the feeding hand without the responsibility.
>>
>>1134259
OP, this isn't your first thread, right? You posted this before, maybe about a few months ago. Your parents live in Vancouver. What's the problem? Still can't make up your mind?
>>
>>1134445
If you can't you're not asian.
>>
>>1134468
I don't know if I am romanticizing life abroad though. I have heard of people who moved abroad only to end up homesick and miserable.
>>1134481
>Are you an only child, or do you have multiple siblings?
Yes
Financially speaking, would the part of the income they expect from you be needed for basic necessities (lodging, food, transport), or are they already able to provide for themselves as it is?
They are fine by themselves. It is more like a cultural thing
>Setting aside the obvious effort/financial expenditure of raising you in your childhood, depending on your current age, have you been provided a quality of live over-and-above what is seen as normal in your culture by your parents (paid for university, allowance in your teenage years, possibly even a car) with the explicit understanding that the flow would be reversed once you are established and capable of "returning the favor"?
I live in an Asian country and paying for our tuition fee is normal. I went to a prviate school (international school) though. I will definitely pay my parents money once I am financially stable. My parents sent me to a private school as I couldn't get used to the public school system.
>>1134485
That isn't me.
>>
>>1134259
Out of curiosity, what is your career field?
>>
Quit a 200k/yr job to travel the world last year and have never regretted it. But people are different and your values are different from mine, so we can't answer this for you.
>>
>>1134786
Liar.
There aren't any 200k/yr jobs, what did you do mine oil covered gold from your back yard?
>>
>>1134786
What is your job?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.