[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/, I booked a 2 day trip to Toronto which is in 4 days.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 2628421446_6ed2f00018.jpg (157 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
2628421446_6ed2f00018.jpg
157 KB, 375x500
Hello /trv/, I booked a 2 day trip to Toronto which is in 4 days. First time visiting Canada and I Literally have nothing planned for it and I'm nervous because I have no idea on what to do there. Any suggestions would be great, just not into bars. Want to make the most of the these two days.
>>
File: a01-groundhog-day-25s.jpg (188 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
a01-groundhog-day-25s.jpg
188 KB, 1200x900
>>1134020
HAPPY GROUNDHOGS DAY
>>
Go to centre island, which is a quick and cheap ferry ride away. It gives a great view of the city, and is a nice place to walk around/chill out for a bit.
>>
>>1134020
I think there are other threads still floating around with what to do.

>inb4 shitflinging from small-town hicks
I'll just throw out some neighbourhoods/streets for you to google up on: Kensington Market, Queen West (used to be kinda alt, but very commercial nowadays but it's still a busy area), Bloor West, Christie Pits, UofT campus and the Annex, the Ossington strip, Cabbage Town, the Beaches, High Park, College/Spadina along with Trinity Bellwoods (hipster central), the Distillery district (visit the Mill Street Brewery! Even if you're a NEET faggot who's afraid of socializing). The ROM (general history and science museum) is cool. The AGO (art gallery) is very worth it.

I also like Corso Italia (Little Italy), Little Portugal (in my opinion, Venezia Bakery has the best pasteis de nata outside of Lisbon). There are multiple Chinatowns, but the better ones are in the suburbs (cleaner, cheaper, better quality food).

check out nowtoronto.com to see what events are going on.
>>
>>1134020
Speaking of groundhogs, check them out on the highway, throw them food maybe.
>>
>>1134498
>I think there are other threads still floating around with what to do.
There always are. Every. Fucking. Time.
> Kensington Market
I'll give you that
>Queen West (used to be kinda alt, but very commercial nowadays but it's still a busy area),
Used to be edgy mall core ravers, now its just cunty Young Urban Professional Starbuck suckers
>Bloor West, Christie Pits, Annex,
They're all the same place you dunderhead, and that place is shit, full of beta nu-male redditors and koreans
>UofT campus
If you go to the university, otherwise why would you be on their campus?
>the Ossington strip
Shitty jack off hipsters
>Cabbage Town
Crackheads and faggot liberal families
>the Beaches
Faggot liberal families
High Park
Faggot liberal families
>College/Spadina
I'll give you that also
>Trinity Bellwoods
Shitty jack off hipsters and faggot liberal families
>The Distillery district
Anyone who hangs out here is a special breed of cunt. The Urban Condo Dweller is that asshole childless proud cyclist apple using cyberfaggot. Literally that cunt at your office you can't stand. The smug type of faggot to wear mustard colored chinos and listen to ambient music.
>>
File: weedman.jpg (352 KB, 1900x1155) Image search: [Google]
weedman.jpg
352 KB, 1900x1155
>not OP
>booked a flight to Toronto months ago because it's a convenient stop off for a Transatlantic flight and I have a friend there
>planned to make a thread on /trv/ to learn about it
>No Tripadvisor normies will be advising this anon
>Toronto thread on first or second page
>that's handy
>learned a bit and asked my own questions
>polite responses from Toronto people
>lots of heavy bants aimed at them from everyone else
>kek
>make a list of shit I plan to do
>have since seen many other Toronto threads
>Groundhogday.jpg
>have for the most part stopped reading them, even though I'm going soon, because I have enough info now
>asked a friend a few follow up questions based upon my /trv/ learnings and she said that I sound like I know more about the place than she does
>my trip literally overlaps with OP's

What the fuck is it with /trv/ and going to Toronto?

Why are you all going there?

Is it business? Or connecting flights? Or meeting up with former ESL teaching buddies? Or is it just pic related?
>>
>>1135553

you have a lot of anger.
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1100x963) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1100x963
>>1135553

Are you this guy?

>pic related
>>
>>1135553
>I've never stayed in Toronto but I've read a few posts on facebook about how it's bad. Also, I drove through it and there was traffic!
>>
>>1135553
> Queen West
Not my favourite place either nowadays, and I am oldag enough to remember it before it started gentrifying in the mid-90s. Still, it's busy enough, and visitors will want to go where locals go too. It's got some good restaurants in the vicinity.

>Bloor West, Christie Pits, Annex, U of T
No, they are not quite the same. I'm throwing out names so OP can spot them on a map. U of T campus has a good mix of old and new buildings and leafy streets. I wouldn't make any huge day of touring the campus, but as a scenic shortcut or whatever, it's cool.

Any big city in North America (or anywhere in the world, really) is going have hipsters. That's how it is. You don't have to be a hipster to enjoy a cafe, bar, pizza shop, clothing store or whatever.

Again, some of the places I wouldn't go too often (Ossington -- a little too gentrified yes, I remember when it was grotty Portuguese cafes full of old men or grotty Viet convenience stores; or Trinity Bellwoods, which I'd agree is a little too full of try-hards), but they are what a visitor might like to see. I'm not a fan of the mushrooming condos myself, but c'est la vie. City council's general lack of vision is another issue and hardly a shocker in Canada. That's another issue and won't affect visitors, really.

Try leaving your basement sometime. The world isn't out to get you and laugh at your fat tiny dick. Try providing constructive input ITT, instead of taking the easy way out of being a salty whiny little bitch and poo-pooing everything from the sidelines. You're exactly the kind of person everyone hates IRL far more than any hipster, yuppie or 'faggot liberal families' (whatever that's supposed to mean).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.