[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Spaghetti here, I wanna do my very first oversea travel
what do you think, 2 weeks in Tokyo or 1 week in New York? I have money for one of these trips, but can't decide.

I fucking hate anime, jesus christ fuck off with that shit, I don't go there for jerking off to cartoons, I like japanese food a lot, I wanna go there for that, visiting temples, skyscrapers and shit and just for the novelty of the things that you can find there (from the shinkansen to the designated hi-tech shitting devices).

New York on the other hand would be much easier for me because English and I also wanna try stuff there (Starbucks, Five Guys, real McDonalds) you know, living the murica meme and have a good time, but Jesus christ almight isn't that expensive.

What do
>>
You want to go to New York to eat fucking McDonald's
Think about that for a moment
>>
>>1133296
You want to go to Italy to eat Pizza
You want to go to the Netherlands to smoke weed
You want to go to Japan to eat sushi
You want to go to India to shit on the streets
You want to go to France to eat baguette

Think about that for a moment
>>
>>1133290
Both are amazing places in their own ways.
One of them isn't objectively a better place to visit than the other.
Go with your gut instinct and remember that you're gaining a great experience, you're not missing out on one.
>>
>>1133298
thanks my dude
have you ever been in one (or either) of them? how was your experience like?
>>
>>1133300
Been to both and love both. I found them pretty magical.
I probably prefer New York at the end of the day. I loved the multi-kulti, museums, Central Park, the people etc.
Not to say Tokyo is worse, it also has so much cool stuff and a great atmosphere.
I just had a very special feeling in my stomach when I stepped out of JFK, like I really belonged and it was a special place.
>>
>>1133297
McDonalds is as standardised and homogenous as Nescafe.
>>
>>1133302
My dad worked in restaurants as a chef in the 70s. He said that Italian McDonald is trash compared to what you can find there. It might be the same corporation, but it's not the same thing.

>>1133301
Looking around I only find expensive two stars hotels in nyc that look like a mansion from 1800. Where should I look for a semi-affordable Hotel that looks remotely modern, something like the Sunroute Higashi for example?
>>
>>1133305
I'm not that informed on the hotel situation there to be honest.
I stayed at one a couple of streets south of Central Park, but can't remember the name. Wasn't too expensive but not particulalrly modern either.
>>
>>1133305
Try the downtown Holliday-inn express at water street.
Pretty good rooms, Wall Street around the corner, free breakfast and for NY prices affordable.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.