[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling in Winter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0814.jpg (6 MB, 9018x3872) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0814.jpg
6 MB, 9018x3872
Hey /trv/. I'm keen to go somewhere in Jan/Feb 2017, I was thinking of either Europe or US/Canada (Australian here). I don't mind the cold but I'm afraid of not being able to do anything if there's heavy snow that forces things to close or anything like that. What recommendations do you have for places to travel in the Northern Hemisphere? Of course no one has control over the weather, so I'd just like to hear your best suggestions. Pic completely unrelated
>>
Traveling to the Northern Hermisphere and afraid of heavy snow? I guess you have to deal with it or you have to travel in summer.
But I can recommend Sweden or Norway. Too. fcking. beautiful,
>>
>>1133108

Hey OP, Canadian here

During the winter in Canada, expect all 'outside' summer attractions to be closed for the season, like gardens, old forts, etc. However, there are tons of winter attractions that open up, like ski hills and skating rinks etc. As for general closures, Canada is extremely hardy in terms of dealing with snow and things will only shut down during the most extreme conditions, maybe one day a year. I've driven through white-out blizzards on several occasions which is possible because of our massive highway snowploughs. Restaurants bars and stores only close if it is literally impossible for the staff to open them due to snow, which is very unusual
>>
>>1133108
The fun part is that places where you can expect heavy snow generally don't give a shit because they're prepared to handle it. Countries like UK on the other hand enter "SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING" panic mode the moment they spot a snowflake.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.