[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am so frustrated. I booked a flight one morning for the following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 123.png (3 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
123.png
3 MB, 1366x768
I am so frustrated. I booked a flight one morning for the following morning. Then when it come to that morning, I couldn't figure out how to take my flight and check-in at the airport because it didn't say which airline I was on, and nobody would speak in English to me at Medellin airport. So I missed my flight check-in time, then refused the $100 skip the queue thing because it seemed like I should get a refund, because I actually hadn't received my e-tickets yet - I got an email saying I had to confirm my credit card details or something and only managed to do that the morning of the flight I think it was, or maybe the previous night, then only got a confirmation email an hour after the flight had departed with e-tickets.
The travel company said that they sent the email in a timely manner. And now when i check back my email dates they show: My email shows that on Thursday June 16 at morning I got the email of 'payment of book' in the subject which says 'Once the payment is confirmed, we will issue your electronic tickets and we will send them to you per e-mail.' then I got my confirmation with e-ticket at June 17 morning. It says my flight is on June 18th in the morning. I don’t even get how that could have worked relative to my time perception. The *next* day - from an email I didn't have. I don't know if my phone and internet connection collaborated to undermine me or what! This is too difficult for me to work out, but now I have lost a bunch of money to this. I really want to go home to Australia.
>>
>>1132571
next time, book your flight back home in advance. even in todays modern world with internet and all, (sometimes) it still takes banks 2-3 days to transfer money, as an adult you should know that. and without a confirmed money transfer, who is going to issue you a ticket? seriously get your travel know-how straight.
also you shouldnt expect everyone to speak english, especially when youre in colombia.
dont look at things too negatively, you just have to stay a couple days longer so make it worthwhile! its easy to blame yourself and others for your misfortune, instead you should see it as an opportunity. being ill-tempered wont better anything. hope you'll be able to get home without further troubles! enjoy your stay!
>>
You sound like me, I always fuck something up.
>>
>>1132571
>home to Australia.

latinamerican here

medelin isnt so small, im pretty sure some airport staff speaks english, just try your best to speak humm slow and clean, or should i say, the mid-atlantic english accent, or simply just a new york / american accent.

australian and some british or welsh accent is hard as fuck for me who watch movies in english all the time, imagine for some badly paid airport clerk who only had a 12-months english class
>>
if you are still there -
there are only so many airlines that can fly you out.
If you are already in the airport- just go to each ariline's desk and see what they can offer you. Select the cheapest then.
it's quite simple.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.