[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i am thinking of uprooting my life. I am a typical shiftless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 190x266
i am thinking of uprooting my life. I am a typical shiftless manchild and I think maybe the only hope for me to do anything with my life is to relocate far away from my family. I am just trying to work out the candidate destinations and also what to do immediately once I get there to start laying a foundation for my life.
>>
>>1132245
alright? did you have a question or just looking to find people in a similar situation. I am like you as well, have had extreme attention problems my entire life. tried everything and hoping that somehow getting out there will change things
>>
>>1132250
well as I said, I want advice on which place would be best to go and what I can do to start lliving independently once I get there.
>>
Depends on how much money you have to spend and how long you're planning on staying (if it's "long" or "forever" then it depends heavily on where you're from and where you want to go and what your life situation is like due to visas etc).
>>
>>1132312
got 5000 dollars to my name. I'm from Canada. dropped out of college
>>
I have learned the "you take yourself with you". Meme is true, that's why geographic solutions don't work great.
I ended up doing the same stuff I did at home. I.e. Coffee shops for hours and 4chan at night. But I know it did work for a few people. The main thing is to grow up and not relay on family.
>>
Get a job
>>
>>1132319
>dropped out of college
Then you're not getting a long term visa in any country worth mentioning, they all look for a degree, relevant experience etc. for a work visa.
>>
>>1132341
But when you don't have your family to rely on you start making changes to your daily life that you wouldn't if they were about. But only if you want to change
>>
>>1132343
I had a full time job for 4 years. Guess what? Its not the magic panacea that turns you into an adult. It was mostly just a waste of time when I should have been trying to go back to school
>>
>>1132345
well maybe i should just move to a different part of this one?
>>
>>1132341
>I ended up doing the same stuff I did at home
This is what worries me about choosing the wrong destination. I have 11k saved and want to take a long trip somewhere but I don't know where. I should note I haven't always been like this, I just have some troubling mental problems, though nothing debilitating. I don't need everything to come together but I'd at least like to improve myself on a personal level, or if nothing else finally create some good memories of life.
>>
>>1132428
Yes, that would be a much better idea, since it's a really big country where people speak the same language so you're not trapped in a tiny city-sized country with a specific language like most people in the world would be. You have a lot to work with.

(I think you can get into the US relatively easily too, but I'm not sure)
>>
>>1132245
dude you have no option except go to north korea and ask for asylum. you get to work 8 hours everyday and fed. No need to worry about your gay ass family again.
>>
>>1132245
spoiler alert, you will bring your shitty problems with you

fix yourself first
>>
>>1132584
>(I think you can get into the US relatively easily too, but I'm not sure)
Only as a student. Work visas require degrees, like everywhere else, and permanent residence is as hard for Canadians to acquire as for any other foreigners.
>>
>>1132319
That's not a lot of money. Therapy up and then decide what to do.

Or just go to SEA and whoremonger until you run out of money. You'll still have to face your underlying problems though. Can't be mama's little boy forever.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.