[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Northern Ireland trip/thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: causeway.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
causeway.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
Thanks to our britbong friends, me and my mates are gonna spend some time in NI during September, hoping gbp keeps short on the euro.

Any tips on cool hidden places to visit, not the usual famous ones (pic related)?
Good pubs? Nice little villages where to book a bnb?
And finally, I need a honest ren-a-car service. I'm not swimming in money and all the cheap companies seem scams.
>>
What are you interested in?
>>
>>1132091
Cool pubs, nice sceneries. Nothing weird, just something not inflationated, like the GoT settings, which are probably swarmed during summer.
>>
>>1132101
there's a load of little things and I tried to write up a reply, but honestly nothing actually jumps out at me as something you should see. And the things people might like to see are all in the middle of nowhere and would take a whole day to get to and return home - definitely rent a car. Belfast might be ok for like 2 days max; try Kelly's Cellars, Madden's, Lavery's (also a big club) for bars in the city centre. There's a load of bars around the Queens university area too.
>>
>>1131974
I'm from NI, just finished at Queen's, the north coast is worth a drive round but other than that I'm totally ignorant to tourist attractions. The drinking round Queen's is all right, student union is as cheap as it gets, parlour just round the corner is among the nicer pubs in the area but still cheap. Depending on the night the usual student clubs are Limelight, Ollie's, Villa, Thomsons (druggy smicks here). Little pubs in the country are more interesting IMO. Two places I really love are the Harbour Bar underneath the ramore wine bar in portrush, about the size of a postage stamp and the best Guinness in the north. Tomneys in Moy, (Often "The Moy" when spoken) literally like an old Victorian house put a bar in instead of a kitchen, live band on Fridays. But Moy is in the arsehole of nowhere, tourist speaking.
>>
>>1131974
I'm from the Republic of Ireland and i go up north quite often. If you are a fan of Game Of Thrones, they do most of the filming up in belfast and you can get day trips to see the locations including castle black. always thought that was cool. The night life in belfast is really good. Belfast Internation Youth Hostel is a really good hostel to stay in as it is cheap (around 10£ a night). I've stayed there many times and it has always been wonderful, clean and has a cafe built in which is handy. Wifi is a bit shit though.
>>
no joke: I really enjoyed Crossmaglen when I visited ... but I managed to pull a (great) piece of pussy, AND it was on the very end of a trip that had been an utter disaster. I'd just returned from Chisinau, for fuck's sake

still, I'm half considering moving to rural Ulster (ROI or NI), partially from how nice that trip and another one was

>inb4 plastic paddy accusations
>>
>>1133329
>inb4 plastic paddy accusations

Just don't go around calling yourself Irish and you'll be grand.
>>
>>1131974
Derry on a nice day is worth a visit, decent bit of history enough to keep you busy for a day or two, Waterloo Street has some pretty old traditional/stereotypical Irish bars which usually have live music
>>
>>1134395
i call myself not irish, in spite of having irish citizenship
>>
>>1134636
Correct answer.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.