[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever went hitchhiking/traveling with almost no money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_138668495.jpg (407 KB, 2650x1766) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_138668495.jpg
407 KB, 2650x1766
Have you ever went hitchhiking/traveling with almost no money? How did you survive? Any tips? Books? etc.

I think I need at least a year out of my current life.
>>
I live on around 3 euro per day when I'm in Europe. I don't know if this is possible in America since food's a lot more expensive here. You could panhandle or dumpster dive I guess.
The saving money part is easy. What's tricky is keeping morale up for long periods. Get a good tent and sleeping bag, otherwise carry as little as you possibly can. Too much weight will weigh you down physically and emotionally.
>>
>>1131995
Any tips on living cheap whilst travelling?
>>
>>1131898
i'm kind of in the smae bind as you OP i really want to get out of where I am and travel in Europe but i have no money (or almost none). Maybe get a quick job on the road was a sort of plan but i'm afraid i'm a bit too naive about this sort of thing happening (having a job for a week or something just to carry on with your trip) ?
>>
>>1132021
Whatever you do, don't show up in Europe with a one-way ticket and no money. They will literally send you home on the next available flight at your own expense. And don't give them cause to even suspect that you're thinking of working there without a proper visa because they'll make a note on your permanent record and you might not get back into Europe.
A way around this is to fly to Morocco or Turkey first and get into a Schengen country that doesn't give a fuck like Spain or Romania. Then you have free reign of the continent.
>>
>>1131898
providing oral sex services

protip: practice on a banana at home
>>
>>1132096
but i'm already European (France) so that wouldnt apply i think ? :)
>>
I mean there is stuff like helpx or wwoof where you work a couple of hours a day for food and accomodation.
>>
If you cook your own food it'll be cheaper.
But I would check out WWOOF or Workaway.
>>
>>1131898
Here in Germany most adults who need to "find themselves" do some work and travel thing in Australia or New Zealand, so give that a try.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.