[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historic New Zealand/other places
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Clt3c9IWMAAMudU.jpg large.jpg (148 KB, 1194x898) Image search: [Google]
Clt3c9IWMAAMudU.jpg large.jpg
148 KB, 1194x898
Hey, so I go on family trips every year and we're planning next year's trip. I've always wanted to go to New Zealand, but I need to convince my mom it's a good destination. She's the kind of person that likes to go to old castles, on historic tours, famous art galleries, cathedrals, palaces, etc. She doesn't like things like hiking, cruises, scenic drives, etc. Any things in New Zealand that my mom would enjoy? When I research places like Auckland, I don't see a lot of things that seem appealing. Is Christchurch still a wreck or is it back to normal? If not, are there any places OUTSIDE of Europe, Japan, US, Australia, and Canada like that?
>>
not much history in new zealand. We have only been a country since 1840. new zealand is all about the onspoiled landscape in the south island - lots of hiking and scenic drives.
>>
In general:
LoTR, Rotorua and Wellington in North Island.
South Island, check out Dunedin (Larnach Castle and that Albatross thing), Milford Sound and Queenstown. Most of South Island is for nature stuff though.

There's a few galleries and museums in Auckland that are nice though like Auckland Art Museum and the Domain. I really recommend selling the Maori culture to your mum if she enjoys unique cultures and shit
>>
New Zealand is one of the few places in the world that native cultural customs is practiced in mainstream society. Def an interesting place culturally. Alas not much history tho considering its such a young country.
>>
>>1131884
We've got cathedrals but yeah, they're interesting in they likely have ties to ones back from the "home countries". If she's into hiking etc then we've got that coming out our hobbit holes.
My advice would be stop checking major centres, AKL, chch.. Check things like the national parks, hiking trails, golden Bay, the coasts up north, the Alps down south.
NZL doesn't do big city, not enough pop to impress like other centres around the world.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.