[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Great Britain wanting to leave the EU, the Pound, Euro,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Great Britain.png (18 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Great Britain.png
18 KB, 2000x1200
With Great Britain wanting to leave the EU, the Pound, Euro, and other country's currencies that are under the rule of Great Britain (CAD) are all falling. Couldn't have come at a better time since I am going to Montreal this Sunday. Thank you Great Britain for fucking up your economy and making it cheap for us Amerifats.
>>
I'm reading about the advantages and disadvantages about the UK leaving EU but no one seems to know shit , this is certainly bad news for /trv/ since it will require visa or some bit of work to get there now , this year is interesting.
>>
File: die pound DIE.jpg (67 KB, 660x497) Image search: [Google]
die pound DIE.jpg
67 KB, 660x497
>>1131387
Serious question: like many of you I travel a lot, but as a poorfag I have more or less sworn off a return to Europe [ :-( ] since '07.

Is now a good time for Americans to visit the UK, or Europe in general?
>>
I'm worried, as someone who is going to Spain twice next month from the UK.

Would I need to start getting a Visa now or would information be published/E-mailed from the airlines about needing one? (Flights are already booked)
>>
>>1131400
Calm down, the official leave is going to happen after about 2 years
>>
>>1131400
All flights to the continent have been cancelled. Sorry bruv, until the visa issues are cleared (in about 2 years time) the EU is not allowing Brits on the continent.
>>
>>1131400
You know a thing called VWP exists right?
>>
Nobody is going to need a visa to visit Europe from the UK. It just means you will now get a passport stamp again.
>>
>>1131429
How about vice versa? If some other countries would follow, could that possibly fuck up some stuff on the travel outlook?
>>
The CAD isnt falling you idiot. Do you even know how currencies work?
>>
File: Capture.png (108 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
108 KB, 1280x1024
>>1131387
>Going to Asia next month for a holiday of my life
>Plane tickets already purchased, was about to book hotels and purchase currencies today
>Suddenly, a brexit

Someone wake up me. I was hoping for a remain vote and a stronger sterling
>>
>>1131387

Brexit is not legally binding, parliament will vote to stay in EU. Laughing at people who think democracy is real. Both Netherlands and Ireland voted NO against the Euro for example and they still got it shoved down their collective throats.
>>
>>1131399
If you are interested in going to the UK, go now.
>>
>>1131451

Give it a few days. The markets got their panties in a twist but will soon realise this isnt all that big of a deal.
>>
>>1131451
I just got back from a Europe trip yesterday with multiple visits to the UK. Why would the UK be so selfish to have the vote until after I leave?
>>
>>1131451
stop whining, the markets will stabilize in next week. If anything, it's a good buying opportunity now that stocks are low
>>
>>1131436
It could. But that's still two years away, and Brexit's consequences will become clearer in the months to come, not in the day after the announcement of the referendum.
>>
>>1131488
Best guess is that it will stabilize a bit lower than where it started, so will likely remain good for travelers wanting to go to UK.
>>
>>1131397
Most of europe or the western world never required a visa for the UK or the other way around.
All you had to do was fill out shitty form (Name and Reason of Travel), hand it in on arrival and show your passport you wouldn't even get a stamp.
For UK visiting almost any Euro country: show your passport on arrival done. No stamp either.
>>
Will this cause potential problems for murrican tourists? I doubt it will but i leave tomorrow for the UK and I'll be there for about 5 months. Will this whole brexit movement make immigration officers more liable to harass me at the airport or should i be safe with a few grand and an onward ticket?
>>
File: westminster.jpg (168 KB, 800x1091) Image search: [Google]
westminster.jpg
168 KB, 800x1091
>>1131387
>>
>>1131480
Would it not be cheaper to wait for the pound to fall further?
>>
>>1131399

General advice seems to be that if you were planning to visit the UK anyway, now is a good time as it will definitely be cheaper than usual, especially for flights if you buy directly from UK airlines. However, the UK is normally a pretty expensive travel destination, so don't expect it to be a budget option because the pound is 8% down.

The Euro may fall in the near future as the UK is one of the big contributors to the EU, the effect on trade will go both ways, and the loss of faith also has other countries calling for a referendum, but you would need to wait and see on that.
>>
>>1131575
Shouldn't -- if the pound stays low you'll save some money. Brits will be in EU for at least another year, possibly two.
>>
>>1131610
IF it falls significantly further, yeah. But always in motion is the future... timing the market is a mug's game.
>>
>>1131387

>Rule of Great Britain
>Commonwealth

You ignorant mother fucker.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.