[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backpacking Eastern Europe - Autumn/Winter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: Eastern_Europe.jpg (36 KB, 622x434) Image search: [Google]
Eastern_Europe.jpg
36 KB, 622x434
I plan on backpacking eastern europe from october-january and just wanted to her from anyone who's done the trip before. The impression i seem to get is places like greece and cities such as varna, budva and hvar tend to be boring outside summer.

Im in my 20s and hope to meet like minded travellers at hostels up for a good time but dont know if they'll be there during this time of the year
>>
File: 20151213_111317.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151213_111317.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Ugh, friend. E. Europe gets snow during those months (realistically, December through March), so going to the beach (Varna, Bourgas, etc) in the middle of a blizzard can be boring, yes.

In Bulgaria, for winter we offer skiing and all other snow-related shenanigans.

Look up Pamporovo (chill, locals go there), Bansko (expensive af, the meme ski place in Bulgaria), Borovets (ez skiing for people from the capital (Sofia) who can take day trips there).

Rhodopa mountains are amazing to look at and stay during heavy snowfall, and I'm sure there's some entertainment value as well, I wouldn't recommend them for something active.

Pic is Koprivshtica.
>>
>>1130391
OP - I'll most likely be in bulgaria while its still autumn though. Pamporovo and Banksko still worth going to during then?
>>
File: 94.jpg (164 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
164 KB, 600x419
>>1130400
Hey mate, nice dubs.

I would recommend the Pirin mountain region (Bansko) and Rhodopa mountain region, which is adjacent to Pirin (separated by the Mesta river). Seeing the Rila monastery is a must any time of year and golden autumn is no exception.

Attached is what to expect from Rhodopa region. Pirin is more rocky+lakes and mountain lodges. Should be a tad cheaper because it's off season (Ski Season 2015 kicked off on December 12 iirc).

You should get very favourable weather for hiking, hitch-hiking and general outdoors time.
>>
>>1130411
Thanks I also plan on going to Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Romania and Hungary aswell.

Anything you'd recommend there and anything to steer celar from?
>>
>>1130411
Also going to serbia, forgot to mention it in my last post
>>
File: 20151213_110946.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151213_110946.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>1130417
>>1130418

I cannot help you a lot with those places, friend. We, Bulgarians, are different to other Balk nations and we don't like each other a lot. We do share past and Slavonic language with some (even though Serbs hate the Cyrillic now) but other than that I think we have our shit together. There are ethnic conflict zones in Serbia/Bosnia. It shouldn't affect your travels that much because it's mostly between locals and you'll be welcomed by both groups. Again, you shouldn't worry but you should know it's there.

I had a discussion with a friend who's travelled a good portion of the western hemisphere by now, he found Belgrade very cheap, but very dull to live in (he said he maxxed it out in 2 days).

Pic is Koprivshtica.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.