[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning a trip to LA and will be coming in from I-210 heading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (288 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288 KB, 1024x682
Planning a trip to LA and will be coming in from I-210 heading west. Will be there for 3-4 days and was wondering If a trip to the Salton Sea is worth the detour. Heard good things about it from my friends. Should I go or not. I love exploring abandoned buildings in my home town and think it will be a great experience.
>>
It's worth to tour it for a day. See East Jesus, Slab City, Salvation mountain and Bombay Beach.
It has Joshua Tree and Anza Borrego nearby too.

Don't underestimate the heat and humidity of this area. When visiting it I had sweat burning my eyes after 10 minutes of being outside of the car.

In summer, most of the slabs will be empty, and the people that ARE still there will be inside of their trailers hiding from the sun.
>>
>>1129758
>>1129788
There are a lot of awesome abandoned buildings. I'd recommend Salton City, there are a lot of cool old buildings there.

As for Slab City, it can be a pretty dangerous place. Slab City and the nearby town of Niland are probably the most dangerous place I've ever been. People live there to be away from authority for a reason. People go missing there all the time. It's the only place I've ever been where someone tried to fight me. I wouldn't recommend visiting if you're a girl without a male companion.

Anza Borrego is a very beautiful area. There is awesome hiking and unspoiled desert landscapes.

Overall there are a lot of things to do out in the desert, but security is a major concern around Slab City and it may very well be 120F+ I personally wouldn't sacrifice a day seeing something else in SoCal for the Salton Sea, but if you're into abandoned buildings and that sort of thing it might be a cool place for you.
>>
>>1129942
Lol theres loads of people that pass through there.
>>
>>1129942
>As for Slab City, it can be a pretty dangerous place. Slab City and the nearby town of Niland are probably the most dangerous place I've ever been. People live there to be away from authority for a reason. People go missing there all the time. It's the only place I've ever been where someone tried to fight me. I wouldn't recommend visiting if you're a girl without a male companion.

ahahaha confirmed yuppie
the slabs are fine if your nose ain't pointing straight at the sky. All the spooky its-a-hobbesian-hell talk is quite entertaining.
>>
>>1129758

If you are going in the summer be prepared. The heat is extreme. I got sunburned within minutes of getting out of the car.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.