[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 470x300) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 470x300
I've got a few nights in LA in July.
I'll be with my missus and a friend of hers. We're from Australia and have never been to the USA.
Has anyone got some great recommendations for some trendy bars and such? Roof top bars, great beach bars etc etc.
Preferably on the cheaper side, but if there's some unmissable spots that are expensive, I'm all ears.
Also general LA things to do. We'll be staying in the West Hollywood area. Is public transport reliable etc? How expensive are taxis and shit?
>>
>>1111548
>LA
>taxis
>public transit

These are not commonly associated with LA for a reason. I live here, and I'm the only person I know that uses the subway every day -- but I do it with a bike. Without a bike, it'd be a restrictively far distance to walk from WeHo to the Red Line (Hollywood/Highland), and you probably don't want to rent bikes for 3 people every day. Buses are 95% reliable when you use Google Maps, but fuck buses.

LA is great if you love movies. Take a chance on whatever Cinefamily is playing. Also: The New Bev, American Cinematheque (Egyptian Theater is closer to WeHo).

Hollywood Bowl season will be going during July; LA Phil is one of the best orchestras in the world, and it's cheap as fuck if you buy a nosebleed ticket and sneak down to a closer tier.

Bars: The Edison (pricey, dress code), Bar EightyTwo (arcade bar), The Echo/Echoplex (it's all about the music though); The Standard in Downtown is a pretty cool rooftop bar.
>>
>>1111548
>I'll be with my missus and a friend of hers
>We're from Australia
>anyone got some great recommendations for some trendy bars?

This cannot be real lol, Australian kucks traveling thousands of miles just to do MORE drinking. The only thing you're missing is a fist fight.

This is why the French are passing you in likeability, at this rate you guys are going to fall in last place fast.
>>
sounds like you don't really know LA.

Let me fill you in.

It will be a letdown. LA is not the sunny shiny city of beautiful beaches and pristine long lined avenues of palm trees. It is a flat grey smoggy sprawl of about 20 cities that bleed into each other to create an expanse of shit. Hollywood is a sad sad place filled with asian tourists and pathetic individuals who fell in love with the romanticized idea of California and came for stardom and never left. trendy and hip pockets of town exist in various places but give way to unorganized old strip malls and bland cityscape just a few minutes in any given direction. It is not the California you imagine.
>>
>>1111685
>Hollywood is a sad sad place
I work in Hollywood and I can confirm this.

LA is generally a shit town for tourists to visit. I always feel bad for them because I feel like they're being shyster'd. Not to mention the confusion that there's very few "areas" to walk around. You get a block of shops, tops (e.g. Franklin Village, bits of Atwater). You can't really discover, you can only plan destinations through research.
>>
>>1111666
Thanks for your in depth input mate!
So its pretty tricky getting around? By the sounds of other posters there's not too much I'll be missing if we just hang around walking distance. I'll definitely check out those bars and such tho! >>1111667
One bloke and two chics, does that sound like a cuck to you? Have you even touched a chic, or only touched your tiny cock thinking of chics?
Couldn't care less what you think of us, American girls still love us aussie blokes and you Americans still come over here in droves :)
>>1111685
>>1111695
We'll that sucks. Fear not fellas, we are only there for 2 nights I think then we're off to Vegas.
>>
>>1111745
>Have you even touched a chic, or only touched your tiny cock thinking of chics?

Kangaroo fuckers in a nutsheII, peopIe.

>you Americans still come over here in droves

To either
>Spend as little as possibIe to see the few worthy pIaces in that shithoIe

or

>Party to hard styIe and get with your women who have spent their whoIe Iived surrounded by shitty natives, never knowing what a reaI man was untiI we arrived

l have never met an Aus. woman who wanted anything to do with your men, and l do a Iot of ad work with companies in your major areas.

The men even hate the guys they hang out with, there's aImost no one to Iike there and you're even worse in the States.
>>
>>1111752
Oh, you work in advertising. Couldn't finish high school huh?
You're a sad little man who came into my thread just to bash Australians, when all I asked for was advice about LA. So, enjoy your shittty existence matey, whilst I'm out and about living life :)
>>
>>1111760
>Requires a degree, certified internship with a Fortune 100 of 6-9 months, and 2-5 years of previous experience for internationaI reIations ad careers that make above-average wages

IiteraIIy what are you taIking about?

Anyone can take a basic, entry-IeveI position in any fieId if that's the shitty point you're Iooking to make, but since l'm not an Aus l didn't take that route. Stay stereotypicaI.
>>
>>1111763
>trying this hard to impress me
>implying anyone respects people in advertising
>taking time away from chronically masturbating to anime to argue with an Australian
>has to imply "literally" even though the sentence "what are you talking about" can only be taken literally

Maybe just leave mate, this thread didn't here for your shitposting. American people aren't looked at in the best light, stop proving this stereotype to be right.
>>
>>1111767
>Thinking there's a point in trying to impress an anon you'II never see in reaI Iife
Just proving you wrong on the job front.

>No one impIied anything
You didn't read that in the post, and peopIe respect peopIe for who they are, not their job. SadIy, l probabIy do get more respect through the cIass of peopIe l am around and a more expensive car but l don't care for it.

>Taking time away from
Nice scheduIe you've got there.

>More impIying garbage
You keep desperateIy faIIing back on this.

Wow are you peopIe usefuI for anything other than manuaI Iabor or fiIIing in part time as a gym receptionist or is that it?
>>
>>1111774
Alright, let's just agree to stop shitposting/arguing, cos I'd rather some honest answers about LA than arguing with some dude. I'm sure you'll feel like you've "won" now lol but I really don't wanna fill this thread talking to you.

So, back on topic, is Venice Beach and those beach kind areas, are they worth taking supposed shit public transport/taxis from WeHo?
>>
>>1111777
Pro-tip: Places like Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Long Beach, etc are technically not a part of LA proper and thus are not serviced adequately by LA metro. There is the Blue line that goes from DTLA to LB and a new light rail extension is opening soon that goes from DTLA to Santa Monica (don't know if it will be open by the time you get here though.) There are a few buses that goes to these areas but are relatively sparse. I've done LA on public transit a few times and what people say about it being impossible is complete bullshit. Yeah, it will take a bit more planning and will be frustrating at times, however I personally believe it is really impossible to get a good feel for a city stuck in a metal cage the whole time and trust me, if you drive in LA you WILL be stuck in traffic either on the bus or your own cage.

Second pro-tip: If you are remotely interested in movies or video games then look for self guided tours of various movie filming spots like the canal made famous by films like Grease. If you are a GTAV fan there are also cool places to check out like Griffith Observatory.

Third pro-tip: Don't go to Vegas, go to SF instead nigger.

Fourth pro-tip: Use Uber or Lyft if you need a taxi

Fifth pro-tip: If you use public transit, especially at night, be prepared to meet some "interesting" characters. These people aren't really dangerous but they can make situations uncomfortable at times but that's just LA for ya. Be prepared for lots of homeless people, it's a big problem on the west coast.

https://www.metro.net/# (This might help you)
>>
>>1112148
Correcton: The Expo line phase 2 to DT Santa Monica opens May 20th so it should be G2G by the time you get there.
>>
>>1111548
LA does kind of suck if you're visiting because all the fun stuff requires local knowledge and a car and a tolerance for some things that outsiders would find intolerable like being stuck in traffic in 100 degree heat every day on a highway surrounded by soul crushing strip malls.

HOWEVER, LA currently has the absolute best comedy scene in the world right now. There are numerous shows going on every night that are peanuts to get into, $5 is pretty standard, and many of them have big names popping in to work on material for week night audiences.
>>
>>1111548
You should go after Donald Trump is elected if you know what I mean
>>
>>1111548
Whatever you do, avoid driving like your life depends on it.

Rented a car during a short trip in Jan and ended up with 200 dollar ticket and more hassle than I bargained for. Use uber/lyft/taxi and just cough up the costs as what you would pay for rental anyways.
>>
>>1111666
>LA Phil is one of the best orchestras in the world
bahahahahhahhahah
it's not even one of the best in the US.
The Hollywood bowl is still nice and cheap though.
>>1111745
>off to vegas
I never got why every aussie comes to LA then vegas
Go to Yosemite instead, or the grand canyon or another less busy national park. Vegas is just clubbing. It's used as a weekend get away for LA people, but for tourists it's trash. Just see the clubs in Los Angeles.
I like the Edison for clubbing, but people are going to say otherwise.
Note: a lot of clubs will have dress clubs. Usually means no jeans and no sneakers. Otherwise they would be taken over by mass plebs.
BTW, are you sure you are in the west hollywood area proper? A lot of hotels like to lie about location. Almost any bar in west hollywood is crazy packed/fun/pricey/amzing
note: west hollywood is not hollywood. Just remember if you are a guy, never put your arms above your head in Weho.
>>1111777
The 'shit public trasport system' is a little out of date, it used to be true so people still meme it a lot. the last mayor put a lot of money into the buses and subways.
It still sucks compared to say New york or tokyo.
The buses don't run late though.
Buy a LA metro tap card from any subway enternece machine, load with money, can be used on most of the sub city bus routes too now.
...continued
>>
File: HwdCostumesSpiderman.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
HwdCostumesSpiderman.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
...countied
>>1112259

>>1112148
>use uber
yes. The yellow taxi service SUCKS in los angeles. Also it is actually illegal for a yellow taxi to pick people up on the street, they have to be called or be in a taxi line. Also if you aren't going to a place like a airport they get all mad that you are a cheep fare.
>>1112164
>best comedy scene
yes.
http://www.thecomedybureau.com/los-angeles-comedy-show-calendars
http://www.welikela.com/best-free-comedy-shows-los-angeles/
http://www.freecomedyshows.com/
http://www.laweekly.com/arts/10-best-stand-up-comedy-shows-in-los-angeles-2370775
The best non-unground show in Los angeles is considered to be the one is in the back of a comicbook shop.

Even though it's still kind of trashy, I would go see the walk of fame. DAYTIME. Hollywood @ highland stop
pic related, note the guys in costumes are not licensed, and are one step above bums.
If you are into seeing stars, july is still movie primare season so you can see if any of the movie studio owned theaters is having a big red carpet, the Hollywood highland mall theater is the easiest to see the stars because they have a overhead balacey to walk on
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Calendar/
>>
>>1112148
Thanks for the map mate! Appreciate it. Yeah, we'll stick to uber at night, my partner isn't much of a risk taker haha. She'd be far too scared.
Will definitely have to check out any gtav related places! And Grease sounds cool too, the mrs would love that.
Vegas is already booked in mate, got heaps planned already. Even tho you say avoid it, is there any bars or POI I should see?
>>1112164
How does the laugh factory rate? Was thinking of going there? Is that a thing to do?
>>1112185
We're renting a car in LV and driving around Yosemite etc, but our end point was gonna be West Hollywood, should I change it somewhere else? I'm a pretty confident driver but obviously it'll be difficult as you drive on the other side of the road!
Our flight is out of LA so we want to be relatively close to drop car off.
>>1112259
As I said above, we're hiring a car and going through Yosemite etc (including mammoth lakes). Is there any cool less touristy spots to visit? Especially for a swim!

>>BTW, are you sure you are in the west hollywood area proper

Our hotel is Super8 on Sunset Blvd, is that Hollywood enough? We've already booked it so I guess it's too bad it it's not! Haha.
>>1112265
Thanks mate!

Thanks everyone who's provided input, it's very helpful! Always best to get an insiders knowledge. If I wasn't with the mrs I'd even say I'd perhaps shout you guys a beer!
>>
>>1111548

>Has anyone got some great recommendations for some trendy bars and such? Roof top bars, great beach bars etc etc.

The Bungalow in Santa Monica is a good trendy beach bar.

Perch in Downtown LA is a good rooftop bar, as is the bar at The Standard
>>
>>1112960
Cheers for those, Bungalow looks awesome!

Has anyone been to the Harry Potter world at Universal in LA? The missus and her friend really want to go, I was wondering if I should find my own thing to do whilst they go there. I enjoy the movies and books but I'm not a huge get fan.
>>
>>1113480
Not him
More bars:
No Vacancy
Tennants of the Trees
Good times at Davey Waynes

Rooftops:
Breakroom 86
Roger Room
EP & LP
>>
>>1113490
Shit dude, those are some awesome places. And most of them relatively close to my hotel!
Is it not recommended to walk anywhere in LA? My hotel is (according to Google maps) around 6-10 miles.
Okay I've just realized that's a bit of a fucking hike kek. Regardless, walking around at night, is that dangerous?
>>
>>1113490
Also What's the etiquette in regards to tipping at a bar? Say if we show up and are there for an hour, order two or three drinks each, do we tip the bar tender? If so, how much?
>>
LA here, here are some can;t miss things for a two-day stay
>LACMA/The Getty/MOCA are all world-class art institutions. The Broad is nice but is the most "touristy", for lack of better term, of all of them, and the guy who owns it is an asshole.

>Griffith park & Observatory give you beautiful views of the city and the hollywood sign, cool art deco architechture, plus "rebel Without A Cause" was filmed there

>LA's neighborhoods are very segregated by geography, but they're well worth exploring. Silver Lake/Echo Park are the cool hubs, along with Highland Park, Downtown has lots of cool architechture, sights, and places to check out, like the last bookstore, and Lincoln Heights/Montecito Heights have some of the most underrated food in the city

>there's a great relatively new craft beer bar in Koreatown called Southland Beer which is well worth going out of your way for. All SoCal beers which you can't find at most bars at affordable(for SoCal) prices.

Above all, I'd reccomend checking out LA Weekly and LA Record before coming into town to find out in-depth about any free events that'll be going on, which there are always plenty of. Also, go onto 1iota.com, and you can get free tickets to be on TV tapings, including concerts for the jimmy kimmel show. Cheers, and enjoy your stay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xBXnXzjirc
>>
>>1113546
Also, Venice is such a shithole, but it's a uniquely LA shithole. Worth seeing at least once.
>>
>>1113515
i ubered everywhere when i was there in march for a week. granted, i'm well off so i don't do public transportation
if it helps, i brushed shoulders with drake and the weeknd at tennants. go before it turns into the next no vacancy
>>
>>1113543
i leave 15-20% always, whether it's boston, san juan, los angeles, miami or nyc. i'm not really too precise between those percentages, just depends on my mood.
>>
>>1113543
i tip based on the total w/o tax
>>
>>1113776
>>1113777
Thanks guys. Do I directly tip the bar tender? Or in the tip jar?
We're getting married in the US too, do we tip our photographer? Keep in mind we're already paying them $1600 AUD already.
>>
>>1113780
>directly tip bartender or tip jar?
kek you sound like you have aspergers

dude it depends on the bar and where you're sitting. first of all if you pay cash after buying a drink directly at the bar-- i swipe away though because that way you can get tips down to precise cents and not carry change around--, then obvi you tip the bartender directly, in a tip jar if there is one, or inside the waiter wallet. the latter things depend on how nice the bar/lounge is.

second, if you find a table to sit with your friends and they have a waiter walking around taking orders, definitely split the bill with credit/debit cards to make it easier to tip and expedite time. nothing more annoying for both parties involved than being in a crowded place like davey waynes and making the floor bussgirl/boy walk to and fro splitting are your dirty dollars and cents.

thirdly, in terms of tipping photographer, idk. if it helps i tip my hairdresser 20% out of the 80$ it already costs me

>inb4 people make fun of my spending habits
fuck off i actually have the means
>>
>>1113793
splitting all**
>>
>>1113793
>>kek you sound like you have aspergers

Haha, I understand why you'd think that, but we don't tip much here in Australia cos everyone is getting at least minimum wage ($18/hr I think) and bar peeps are around $25/hr. So that's why I'm not sure what to do when you have to tip! That's all.

In regards to tipping photographer.... Heh. I don't know. I feel $1600 for 4hrs work (plus obviously whatever they do behind the scenes editing etc) is payment enough! I thought tipping is generally for people who are on minimum wage or low wages, or whoever provides a great service for something! I guess if she's great we might tip.
>>
>>1113807
I get not knowing the precentages. An image of an aussie awkwardly asking the bartender if he wants you to hand him the tip or if he'd prefer you'd put it in a tip jar right between the both of you is humorous, that's all.
>>
>>1113807
Your best bet with the photographer is getting a hold of her past clients somehow and explaining that you're aussie and are genuinely curious if you should tip or not.
>>
>>1111666
Dude, you're actually cool.
>>1111685
Santa Monica, especially around the Third Street Promenade, is quite literally exactly the LA everyone imagines.
>>1112164
Agreed that southern CA is a bit too expansive to get a sense of right away.
>>1112259
Get the fuck out of here. The LA phil is top class.
>>1113546
Seconding the fuck out of LACMA/Getty/MOCA
Good recs
Don't be put off by the smog. LA is a premier city for a reason. The only reason people from flyovers don't like it is because there is literally so fucking much to do that people who live here their entire lives aren't always too well versed in the local areas.

The "Southland" (basically like 30 miles north of LA proper down to the bottom of either Orange county or to SD, out to the IE) has literally like 20+ million people (I'm skeptical of censuses because I personally know Mexicans who have lived 20+ hombres to a garage....

honestly not even sure where i'm going with this.

good luck ausbro
>>
>>1111548
i know i'm gonna get bashed for this, but how would one go about moving there? is it worth it? is it expensive? is the community open to europeans? i'm studying movie and media science, with a focus on journalistic and comic media, would this get me anywhere?

>>1111666
>chek'd
>>
>>1113867
That's why I am trying to get some clarification haha
>>1113868
Yep I might do this hey, cheers.
>>1113892
Thanks mate! I reckon we'll have an awesome time.
>>1113973
Do you mean moving to Australia? Or moving to LA man?
>>
>>1114151
Nah i can't deal with spiders of that caliber, LA mane..
>>
Why are people being such assholes to this guy? He seems genuinely nice. Fuck all of you
>>
>>1113973
>how do I get to LA
impossible for europeans. we're sending back DOCTORS and PHDs. we literally only accept illegal immigrants or h1bs from poor countries, or criminals. it's absurd

>is it worth it
do you like semi-good food, dangerous cities, obese, picky women, getting shot by minorities, and everything being more expensive, just for the bragging rights that you live next to where movies used to be filmed?

you'll love LA

>community
what community? the drug gangs? the nonexistant europeans? the white people who have fled how shitty it is and have to drive 2 hours in traffic one way to work, daily?

>I study comics
look I don't have to bash you but you realize how unrealistic this is, right?
>>
>>1115765
we're not being that mean to him. LA genuinely sucks in terms of global cities. there are a handful of nice things about it, none of which are accesible to tourists.

I have lived 30 minutes away for my 30 years of life and I can honestly say I've spent more time in other foreign capitals I've visited than I have in LA. it's generally THAT bad.
>>
>>1113793
i'm not rich bruh.

i only make 12/hr don't degrade me if i can't afford a fucking $20 tip.
>>
>>1115765
no fuck you. there's plenty of good advice in the thread. stop being a whiny asshole.
>>
File: la-live.jpg (199 KB, 1240x720) Image search: [Google]
la-live.jpg
199 KB, 1240x720
>I've got a few nights in LA in July
Sick, hope you enjoy it here.

>I'll be with my missus and a friend of hers. We're from Australia and have never been to the USA.
Los Angeles, like most major cities in the US, is a pretty introverted place. We don't like talking to strangers much. So if you start a chat with someone, don't take it personally if they ignore you. However, people here are enamored
with foreign (non hispanic, non slavic) accents so you may come across someone who wants to talk.

>Has anyone got some great recommendations for some trendy bars and such? Roof top bars, great beach bars etc etc.
Perch LA has one of the best rooftop bars I know of in Los Angeles. Dress code is upscale causal.
You won't find much to do RIGHT ON the beach since most the buildings along the coast are just homes with the exception of just a few areas. Santa Monica, Venice ect. I wouldnt rec Venice though. Robanta Bar is pretty good.

>Preferably on the cheaper side, but if there's some unmissable spots that are expensive, I'm all ears.
LA is a pretty expensive place for the most part. There's a shit ton of hole in the wall gems but since I live in the San Fernando Valley Im not too familiar with the ones in the basin.

>Also general LA things to do. We'll be staying in the West Hollywood area. Is public transport reliable etc? How expensive are taxis and shit?
Downtown Los Angeles
Downtown Santa Monica
The Grove
Griffith Park
Getti Museum
The Broad
LA Live
Amoeba Hollywood if you're a music guy
Arclight Hollywood
Little Tokyo
Chinatown
Eighty Two

Public transport in Los Angeles has come a long fucking way since the 90s.
As long as you have Google Maps you should get routed through public transit pretty easily.
Hell, just yesterday the metro extended the expo rail line from downtown to santa monica.

As far as taxis go. Don't. If you want a direct connection then do Uber, which is nicer and cheaper than taxis.
>>
File: the-broad_photo-by-iwan-baan-4.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
the-broad_photo-by-iwan-baan-4.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1280
>>
File: xgWi11P.jpg (4 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
xgWi11P.jpg
4 MB, 5184x3456
>>
File: wdch-auditorium-stage-view_hi.jpg (758 KB, 2000x1603) Image search: [Google]
wdch-auditorium-stage-view_hi.jpg
758 KB, 2000x1603
>>
File: bar82_01-opening_00047_WEB-V1.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
bar82_01-opening_00047_WEB-V1.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
>>
>>1111548
>>1111548
>Downey
Why? The first McDonald's franchise, the first Taco Bell, Johnnies Diner (literally hundreds of movies filmed there), Downey Studio's (plant where the space shuttle was assembled then converted in 00's into movie studio once NADA cancelled the program).
>>
>>1117662
*NASA
>>
>>1117662
What the fuck. Do NOT fucking go to Downey. Its so far away esp. if you don't have a car. SO POINTLESS WHY WOULD ANYONE RECOMMEND A TOURIST TO GO TO DOWNEY
I live in central LA near dtla and highly recommend checking out downtown. ALso. UBER. Or lyft.
>>
>>1117664
Downey #1 best hidden gem in LA
>>
>>1117668
I don't even consider Downey a legit part of LA. Why would YOU SUGGEST A TOURIST TO GO TO A LAND OF NOTHINGNESS STOP TRYING
>>
>>1117662
lmfao after that he should hit up palmdale
>>
>>1117662

do not go to Downey. Depressing shithole.
>>
>>1117594
Cheers mate thanks for the detailed reply!
I thought this thread had been deleted, hadn't checked for a few days.

Hey so another question (that doesn't deserve another thread), we're hiring a car (outside of LA) and I'm wondering what my GPS options are. Hire company wants to change us $70USD~ for the duration, that seems like extortion! Could I just buy a GPS at Walmart or something? I've got a phone obviously with Google maps, but I won't have data as its Australian sim card obviously.
>>
>>1117662
>>1117662
>>1117663
>>1117664
>>1117668
>>1117718
>>1117759
Haha no offense to guy who suggested Downey but I think I'll give it a miss!
>>
>>1118418
I've just looked into downloading a portion of the maps with Google. Has anyone tried this and how reliable it is? Obviously I won't have traffic updates etc.
Might it be better to buy a tomtom app on playstore and download the whole US map?
>>
>>1113793
>you can get tips down to precise cents and not carry change around
>precise cents

Dude nobody wants cents.
>>
>>1118456
Guys if you are going to tip people, never pennies. Never nickels. Never dimes.

Quarters are ok I guess.

Even then, still. If you can't spare even a dollar BILL then don't tip at all.
>>
>>1118457
Don't worry mate, I'm not cheap, I just didnt know exactly when to tip or how to go about it! Would a $20 meal plus 5
$5 tip be considered not tight?
>>
>>1118470
I usually tip at least 20%. Most people (depending on what they do) expect anywhere from 10 - 20 I'd say. $5 out of $20 that's a 25% tip mate you are an actual human being and no longer a customer.

Because customers are not people.
>>
>>1117598
I've always wondered, are the waters over there...warm?

I've been to Cali many times but not once have I visited...
>>
>>1118773

Fuck no. Coldest waters ever even in the summer. Only an island like Hawaii or the south east of america like Florida has warm waters. Mexico gets the warm stuff. Not California.
>>
>>1118773
No we get cold Alaskan water. Like 60 something degrees F
>>
>>1118456
if you use a card and use a calculator and feel like giving exactly 15% tip, you can do it easily by writing the amount in the tab. that's what i meant. i always round up to the next dollar anyway.
>>
Can someone give me the price for a burner phone? Is it possible to call abroad with it?
>>
Go to disneyland
>>
>>1118870
it's not that bad. you only need a wetsuit if you're surfing for more than a few hours.

it's definitely not as relaxing as in asia/europe though
>>
>>1120431
I am! Already booked in brah.
Any suggestions whilst there? I'm talking Anaheim by the way...
>>
LA's not as much of a shithole if you know what you're into and where to find it.
Disneyland
Low end theory night at Airliner
comedy store
food
food
food
>>
Here's a list of some of my favorite bars and nightclubs in my area if you want to check them out.

>Orange
O'Hara's Pub
The District Lounge
Paul's Cocktails
These three bars are right next to each other and really easy to barhop.

>Garden Grove
The Library Gentlemen's Club
^ If you wanna have a good time.
99 Bottles & Cocktails

>Huntington Beach
The Speakeasy
If you wanna be classy and drink some wine.
Johnny's Saloon
^ Great place, 'nuff said.
Green Girl Saloon is okay. Just a regular bar with half naked servers.

>Downtown HB on Main
This is where all the beach bars are at.
Great for barhopping as well. There will be rooftop bars there.
I recommend Gallagher's as it's a lot more 'chill.'
You can always ask around to see where it's happening at.

>Santa Ana
The Copper Door
Original Mike's
These two places are lit. Good luck finding parking. There is always a line to get in.

Other places to check out:
Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach?
Tickets are a little expensive.
There are some very popular bars in Long Beach as well but I've never checked them out before. Same with Newport Beach and Laguna Beach.

If you want to go hiking:
Check out Hermit Falls in the Angeles National Forest north of LA.
Black Star Canyon in Orange County is cool.
Joshua Tree if you wanna drive for an hour or two.

That's all I got for now, have fun.
>>
>>1120921
Fuck yeah man, that's a great list. Cheers. I wouldn't say we are upper class or anything but I do love a good red wine. Thanks man!
>>
>>1120763
Depends on how many days you will be there
>>
>>1121574
I'm in LA (West Hollywood) for 3 nights and Anaheim for 3 nights!
>>
>>1120921
Also the Culver City Stairs is worth checking out, if you feel like killing your quads. West of LA. Go on a nice clear day to get a nice 360 view of the city. Supposedly you can see to the ocean too if it's clear enough.
>>
>>1121583
Get there early (like before it opens) and head towards one of the more popular rides
>>
When are you there? If you're there around 21-24 I'd head down to San Diego and see how crazy comic con is up close. It's a couple of hours drive.
>>
>>1121630
Will see if I can fit this in, cheers bud.
>>1121669
Yep, staying right next to disneyland. Is California Adventure land any good? I'm gonna be getting the dual pass Park hopper ticket thing.
>>1123484
We arrive 21st July my friend. Unfortunately we won't be going as far as San Diego.

Hey chaps, I want to experience USA sports kinda thing, any suggestions? What sports are on around mid July?
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.