[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living in France
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: flg.jpg (45 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
flg.jpg
45 KB, 960x639
Hi /trv/. So, I am going to work in France for 8 month, staring in october. I am choosing between cities: Lille, Rennes, Nantes and Marseille. Can somebody give me recommendations or opinions on listed cities?
>>
Hi go to Rennes or Nantes because it's in Brittany avoid Marseille higher delinquancy
>>
well, all cities above are nice. Yes, Marseille may be scary, but that depend where you live in the city.
Lille is very nice, also Nantes and Rennes. I'll go for Lille. I'm from a small town in the countryside of the northen France (60miles from Lille), and people are very friendly. Also, you are near Belgium :)
>>
expat in Lille here. Lille is ok but it's a smallish place. I keep meeting people I know on the streets or while shopping all the time, even though I don't know pretty much anyone.

So if you like big cities, choose Marseille. Also if you like sun or being close to the sea.

the other two options are even more boring than Lille.
>>
>>1125958
lille and rennes host many young workers or students
marseille have some dangerous places but still a good city, plus it's in the south
nantes is the most boring i think
>>
>>1125958
Its got to be Marseille.
>>
>>1125958
French is filled with dirty niggers and muslims! Avoid that country at any cost!
>>
>>1128212
Ok trump
>>
>>1128212
OP, don't listen to this guy. I live and work in France since 2014. I can't say no that immigrants are problematic, and most of problematic immigrants are muslim or niggers. But it is not like they are sitting on every stone in the city.

OP, it would be better if you rent an appartment in small student town, and when you sign contract with a company somewhere in france you change your place of accommodation to be closer to your work.

btw. Marseille is a good place, if you know how to avoid some parts of the city, and you have no problem looking at the beggars and soldiers all the time.
>>
>>1126156
>because it's in Brittany

So because it's full of hardcore leftists, hobos and rain basically
>>
>>1125958
These cities are very different from each other, it depends what you are looking for every region is very different from the other
Marseille has a bad reputation but as long as you don't end up in a bad hood it's a sunny coastal city with a lot of natural beauty nearby and Mediterranean food, a more laid back atmosphere and bigger than the other cities you mentionned, so it's honestly not that bad if you plan on going out and visiting the region
Brittany has less immigrants (which they compensate with a strong "refugees welcome" mentality), a really beautiful coast very different than the rest of the country, a peculiar identity, but it's got a shit wind and rain climate a more depressed people apparently
The Pas-de-Calais has a lot of great architecture and history, beer culture contrary to most of the country, and people are supposedly friendly. But I honestly find the region very boring outside of the cities, flat as fuck fields everywhere, rather high population density and cold, only some parts of the coast are qt imo. If you don't care about nature and similar stuff it's fine
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.