[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Copenhagen in February
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: frozen copenhagen.jpg (285 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
frozen copenhagen.jpg
285 KB, 1024x680
Hi /trv/!

I'll be kicking off a two month European vacation in February with 4 days in Copenhagen. Any recommendations on what and what not to see & do?
How are the locals?
How is the nightlife?
I know the food is consistently lauded but opinions on that and anything about Copenhagen I'd love to hear.
>>
>>1124705
I'm a local and I'm nice.
Expect February to be cold, wet and dark, but don't let that hinder you from seeing things.
I suppose you want to see the mermaid and the other historical sights. You could walk from Langelinje to the city center and stop along the way for the sights.
For food you could check out Papiroen, but stay away from Nyhavn, it's a tourist trap.
>>
>>1124732
Seconding papiroen.
Nightlife is fun and active, maybe a little less accessible then the rest of Europe.
>>
I fucking love Copenhagen in winter. Only downside is, as soon as it gets dark, it's a little dead, but it's so comfy under the snow.

Food is good, especially for high end dining. In general, I didn't get disgusted by anything, as I love seafood.
>>
File: IMAG2181.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2181.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
I was just there today
>>
Go to the street food hall on paper island, great place to eat and take photos. Freetown Christiania was great to explore its on the way to paper island by bus. Also stayed at the Urban House hostel...one of the best I have been in.
>>
The locals are really friendly and love to speak english. I've heard that the girls adore British guys and there are a lot of Danish guys who pose as Brits to pick up girls. As for nightlife I had a bit of a difficult time finding places to dance but I still managed. I went to this 90's dance night at a place called ungdomshuset, it was hilarious and incredibly fun, there were loads of punks going crazy to the cheesiest songs from the 80s/90s. I also went to a punk show at loppen which was pretty good, I had a nice time moshing the only downside was that I found it pretty difficult to converse with the people there. There was a bar right across from my hostel called minibar, I visited minibar multiple times and there was always a big crowd of people dancing, really lame music though.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.