[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever visited Montsegur in France? If so, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Has anyone here ever visited Montsegur in France? If so, what would you say would the be the "easiest" way to get there? As there seem to be no bus stations or anything nearby.
>>
File: Montségur village.jpg (413 KB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
Montségur village.jpg
413 KB, 1200x848
>>1124522
I've been there it's not far from home, but I don't really know what's the fastest to get there considering I just hiked
I guess you don't have a car since it's the easiest way to get there, isn't there transportation to the village next to it ?
>>
>>1124522
>>1124535

I checked it would seem there are buses that go to the village but depending where you are it might not be of any help
>>
>>1124537

I am coming from Finland. Now the cheapest way seems to be taking a flight to Paris, take a train/bus from Paris to nearest whatever town and hike to Montsegur.
>>
Oh I assumed you were already nearby
So you come from Finland especially to see Montségur ? If that's the case it's odd, no offense intended it's just that it's not a famous landmark outside of southern France
In that case yes, but you could even take a plane to Toulouse directly, you'll be direclt closer then
>>
>>1124541
>>1124545

Then from Toulouse you could either rent a car assuming you have a driver licence and drive directly to the castle (about 1h30), or take a train to the nearest train station which seems to be Foix then it's 20km left to the castle
>>
>>1124545
I was looking at flights to Toulouse, they were around 350 euros, Paris was only 130 euros. Train/bus to the nearest place was 44 euros.
>>
>>1124549
Hey, thanks for this! Seems like the cheapest way for me would be taking a plane from Finland to Paris, and from Paris a flight to Toulouse, and the train from Toulouse to Foix!
>>
File: Château de Foix.jpg (116 KB, 1600x833) Image search: [Google]
Château de Foix.jpg
116 KB, 1600x833
>>1124561
You're welcome Anon, by the way Foix is also a nice town, 10 000 people and a cool castle too, I'm pretty sure there must be a couple hotels there if needs be
From Foix it seems there are some buses passing through Montségur, otherwise taxis are avalaible
It's about 30km away (it was 20 in a straight line) so walking might not be the best if you don't know how to get back to Foix after
If you hitchike it's still rather popular in France
>>
File: Fougasse_de_Foix.jpg (499 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
Fougasse_de_Foix.jpg
499 KB, 1024x766
>>1124561
>>1124569

Make sure to go to a boulangerie in Foix and taste this after a day hiking it'll fill you up
>>
>>1124569
Do the buses stop at Montsegur, or just pass through? Would taxis be fucking with foreign customers at places like this? Thanks for the info, anyway. Hiking would be around 6 hours, as I don't have a driving license.

>>1124570
Looks tasty as fuck!
>>
>>1124522
By the way are you going to visit other Cathars castles or just this one ?
>>
>>1124574
They stop at Montségur, by "passing through" I meant to say that Montségur isn't the final destination of the bus but it's one of the stops on its way
Also learn just enough French to be able to ask if your bus is going to stop at the catsle for instance, in these places people know more Spanish than English most of the time
>>
>>1124575
Just Montsegur, I think.

>>1124579
Good to know. thx
>>
>>1124574
>Would taxis be fucking with foreign customers at places like this?

I don't think so, it's rural yeah but it's not backwater, and most of the time it's not even private cars it's companies used to carrying tourists to they are professional enough
>>
>>1124581
>Just Montsegur, I think.
Just to add, it would be so much easier if I had the driver's license...
>>
>>1124581
>Just Montsegur, I think.

Alright, I'm just curious since it's a long way from Finland for one castle
>>
File: Château de Peyrepertuse.jpg (3 MB, 1957x1272) Image search: [Google]
Château de Peyrepertuse.jpg
3 MB, 1957x1272
>>1124584
Oh I see, I know that feel don't worry i'm supposed to take the driving exam next month tho
It'stoo bad, a lot of other impressive ones in that area
>>
>>1124586
I just got interested in it years ago from the documentaries of Richard Stanley.
>>
>>1124590
>he documentaries of Richard Stanley

i'll check this out thanks
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.