[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys I need to learn spanish this summer. I spend hours every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Ok guys I need to learn spanish this summer. I spend hours every day driving.
I need to find an audio only program.
Anyone here used one and can recommend?
>>
>>1123900
>Anyone here used one and can recommend?
I can't recommend one, but what I would do is check out some from my local library. As technology grew, the lockdown on priced programs skyrocketed, but schools and businesses both had to produce audio cassettes and CDs for decades before that. FREE and probably a great selection. Old Berlitz and whatnot, it's not like the language changed it up much over the years. You might even get better/classier accents to emulate than more modern versions.
>>
That is a really good idea.
Was hoping for something already in digital format but will keep this idea as an option
>>
How fast can someone learn a new language ?]
Is it worth it just for travel ?
>>
>>1124402
Learning French, Spanish and Russian - yes.

Italian for your 3 day trip in a lifetime? Prolly not.
>>
>>1123900
you could try getting jumped into a mexican gang

>>1124402
if you're intelligent, it takes a year for romance languages and more for others.

if you've never been good at school, it'll take you your whole life, or never
>>
>>1124727
>it takes a year for romance languages

Total immersion can get you there in months
>>
>>1123900
I don't know if this interests you, but I am trying to improve my english, I can teach you some spanish if you help me with my english too, contact info if yu are interested
>>
>>1124949
he's studying to travel, which precludes total immersion
>>
>>1125247
I am studying to travel inside your mom which will be total immersion
>>
>>1125244
this sounds perfect!
>>
>>1125244
are you around still?
>>
Yeah mate, Michel Thomas and Pimsleur.

Both totally different but definitely do MT first for sentence structure and conjugations etc then maybe Pimsleur if you want.

Obviously you're going to pay $1000 for it and NOT download it, despite how super simple it is to find.

Btw any other language learners check if they have that language
>>
>>1128384
>1000
you have to be joking
>>
El Bumpo
>>
>>1125247
you can still have pseudo immersion at home. If you do things like change the language on your phone/pc, basically do everything you normally do but in that language i.e. listening to foreign radio, TV, reading. Sure it kinda sucks at first because you won't understand much, but if you pair it with some study then you should get there fairly quickly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.