[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleeping in your car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Toyota_Corolla_rear_20071129.jpg (490 KB, 1764x993) Image search: [Google]
Toyota_Corolla_rear_20071129.jpg
490 KB, 1764x993
Hello /trv/lers,

I'm completely new to traveling. I live in northern Germany in a smaller village and I'm 19 years old, and lately I feel like actually doing more than just drinking with the same faggots every weekend and I want to experience things.

My plan for now is just to drive away for weekends, to nice areas in Germany, for as long as my money allows. But I don't want to pay money for hostels, so I was wondering if anyone here had any experiences with sleeping in your car and could give me advice.

Don't have a van, but its a long car (pic related, it's my car) and I can pull back the back seats so I could theoretically sleep there.
>>
>>1123819
I did it only once but I wasn't travelling.
The first thing that come in mind is the problem with the cold (eventually bring with you a blanket).
Anyway what are your concerns about sleeping in your blue car?

Good luck!
>>
>>1123819
there's not much advice needed for sleeping in a car

just remember to lock your doors
also like the other guy said, bring a blanket

i slept once in my car, it was a bit tight and cramped, but it was ok
>>
>>1124019
Well my concerns are how safe it is to sleep in my car and I also read somewhere to always keep a window slightly open to get some air in, I'm just a paranoid fucker who always thinks he'll get killed
>>
>>1124039
>always keep a window slightly open to get some air in

Why do you think it's a gas chamber or something?
>>
>>1124039
It's a day to day trick! Since you're into survival you could need
a camp stove,
a spare tire, some battery, a usb lan,other basic tools maybe,
a map with some ads of yours concerning your interests, spots and services could buy you some time and achieve savings.
If you want spontaneity you could find valuable informations about the place into offices or library like where you could park.
Eventually a GPS system can help with the gas consumption on the long term.
Also some sun visor for the windows, different sort of clothing, meds or just vitamins, a light and you'll be good to go.
I can't wait to pack myself.
>>
>>1123819
In the US, I always sleep in truck stops and campgrounds. The biggest problem is falling asleep with all the big rigs running around me and streetlights shining in my face.
I'm not sure if you have these in Europe though. You can get problems from the police if you just park on the street or in a random parking lot here.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.