[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys have any advice for people that aren't used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 5019898192_f48890104f_b.jpg (254 KB, 992x651) Image search: [Google]
5019898192_f48890104f_b.jpg
254 KB, 992x651
Do you guys have any advice for people that aren't used to cold climates? I'm a 19 year old guy from Brazil and plan to travel to Hamburg in February. I know it's really, really cold in there, but I mean, can I still get out at night and enjoy parties and stuff like that? I want to enjoy this trip, but I am really afraid that this weather is gonna kill me or something. Should I just go in July or am I overthinking? Thanks
>>
File: 1460942467383.png (215 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460942467383.png
215 KB, 600x600
"There's no such thing as bad weather only bad clothes".

Just make sure you have the right clothing, layers are your friend.
>>
>>1123677
You'll acclimatize, though the rate at which that happens varies and it may not be useful for very short trips. How long will you be there?

Can't really go wrong with dressing slightly warmer than the locals.

t. some other faggot from the tropics
>>
>>1123677
to elaborate on acclimatization:

I once went to the UK after years of almost never experiencing temperatures below 25c, and spent the first few days feeling like I was going to shiver myself to pieces. Was fine after, even though subsequent legs of the trip involved Germany and Scandinavia, further into winter.

Of course when I came back to the equator I had to re-acclimatize (briefly) to the heat again. Walking out the airport was like stepping into a bowl of steaming soup.
>>
>>1123677
Go to a winter store and buy some malha térmica, anon. And don't forget your cachecol, luvas e touca (some ppl feels cold in the ears, maybe it will be your case).
>>
>>1123677
German here, its not that cold here, its not like u are going to scandinavia or anything, and yes u can go out and party and everything.
Just have some warm clothes with u and ull be fine. If u are not very unlucky ull not have anything below -5 even at nights
>>
>>1123677
Hamburg is by the sea that means ocean climate that means winters are nowhere as harsh as they might be in Berlin or...I don't know...Nuremberg. Just buy a winter jacket and proper cap and gloves and scarf.
>>
I've lived in Florida my whole life and never saw snow or experienced extended freezing temps before I went to Michigan this March.

Don't worry, you acclimate quickly. Get a big winter jacket and wear that over a sweatshirt when you'll be outside for an extended period of time, if you're just stepping outside a sweatshirt is fine. It's amazing how much vigerous walking or other exercise warms you up, after running around in the woods in the snow playing airsoft in 18 degree weather I worked enough of a sweat I felt so hot I took of everything except my t-shirt and it was so refreshing. Just make sure you wear a warm hat, gloves,and a big jacket and you'll be fine. After a while you'll get used to it and not bother with the hat and gloves unless its unusually cold.

Remember to enjoy the snow! Do some snow angels, have a snowball fight, build a snowman, play with the snow, go sledding, and skiing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.