[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling to Ireland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 4-leaf_clover.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
4-leaf_clover.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I'm visiting Ireland for the first time tomorrow, what do I have to look forward to and what should I expect!
>>
>>1123217
>getting drunk
>banging bitches that wear too much makeup (they all wear too much)
>getting ragged on by the locals if your from America
>>
I just came back from a 2 week holiday there. Nice people, Good alcohol and beers, laid back environment. I sugest you to get a dublin pass and leap card if you are staying in dublin. Dublin pass let you enter a lot of museums and attractions. Leap pass let you use buses, luas and the other trains which I dont recall their names. Lots of bus tours, I highly recommend the ghost tour in dublin. Good luck with your travel
>>
You should expect paying over the odds on mediocre food, museums and accommodation
>>
>>1123987
This. Ireland is great, but it isn't a cheap getaway.
>>
Temple Bar is overpriced tourist shit, please avoid it OP. Burgers seem to think it's this traditional Irish experience, but literally no Irish people go there
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 720x720
Make sure and visit the North as well. Plenty to see and do there as
well.
I would recommend hiring a car as bus/ train times can be awkward to work with.
Places I would recommend visiting would be The Giants Causeway, Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, The Gobbins, Dark Hedges(if GoT is your thing). Titanic Quater is also a popular choice, but it can be expensive. Belfast City Center itself has a decent night life. Bushmills distillery is also interesting if that is something that appeals to you
In Southern Ireland I would recommend the Guniness Brewery, Dublin itself I find can be rather expensive and in my opinion, Galway is much more appealing with the locals being very traditional Irish people and perhaps slightly stereotypical. Donegal is also an extremely scenic place, I would recommend, Sleive League (highest sea cliffs in Europe) which has a stunning view and Sliver Strand which near by (see picture) It's a coastal cove that has good waves of surfing is your thing. Plenty of hiking that can be done all around the island with places like the Ring of Kerry
>>
>>1123217
Flat arses.

The meme is real OP.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.