[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is the right place, but my 17 y/o son wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 4L_yknLhuFH.png (350 B, 274x183) Image search: [Google]
4L_yknLhuFH.png
350 B, 274x183
I've heard some negative things about how French teenagers treat Americans. Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
You couldn't be more wrong, actually. Although American politics and foreign policy are often ridiculed in France and throughout Europe, you'll find that most Europeans, especially young Europeans admire Americans.

With that being said, 17 is a bit young to study abroad, quite frankly. I think he'd be better off taking a semester abroad in college instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHpyJ3aOUEU
>>
I'm a French student.
It's really depend : during my Hightschool , there was a american teenager with use and it was cool, we have a different culture, but we do not reject him.

Now i'm in engineering school, and yes there are few american here , and we really don't like them. In that case, it's because of politics issue: To put it in simple terms, they are Trump supporter, and so racist, and in , in France, you cannot be publicly against Muslims, Arabs, or black. So yes, we treat them like they deserve it.

If your son is a normal guy, it would be a good experience for him, dont worry

(sorry for my English)
>>
>>1123220
We are not on /pol, please ..
>>
>>1123222
>a french talking about france in a topic about france is told by someone who is not french not to talk about france, because that would be /pol/
cool, since the language police are here I think it's an appropriate time to talk about how papuan cannibal customs are more french than france itself
>>
Lots of great replies thank you. Not sure I want him to go, but knowing he'd be alright makes me feel better about all this.
>>
>>1123230
I grew up in France. Many of them are leftist dicks so just don't be too vocal about anything better in America.
Frenchfags seem to be pissed whenever someone mentions something better in America.
>>
>>1123222
>disagree with something
>hurr hurr go2pol

If you want a delusional hugbox just stay on Humans of New York or something.
>>
>>1123069
Just tell him to stay away from the banlieues. Or at the very least be alert and ready to run and/or pounce while he's there.
>>
>>1123216
>in France, you cannot be publicly against Muslims, Arabs, or black. So yes, we treat them like they deserve it.

hahahahah holy shit France get your shit together. This is the next generation of French people?

Note even /pol/ but this is just pathetic
>>
>>1123402
He's in engie school, it's like cuck central in France.
>>
>>1123069
It's pretty much the opposite, French teens swallow everything that's American, bad or good
>>
French schools are full of middle easterners, arabs, etc. Being a Jew or an American in public school in France = suicide
Of course it also depends on the location and quality of the school.
>>
>>1123456
Well memed anon
>>
>>1123479
that's the experience I got from my high school which had some kind of partnership with another school in Lyon
they always sent few classes for an exchange visit now and then, it was always at least 50% kids that were non-French and by that I mean Africans or Arabs. Anyway they were all terrible frats.
I remember that one time we tried to play football with them on a school yard, they hardly spoke any English so it was pretty hard to communicate with them, but we somehow got by. After few minutes they were losing and couldn't get over it and started to get more physical until finally it escalated into a big fight. Few of them got their asses kicked and the French girls started crying that we were behaving aggressive and they had a trauma of it, haha. Pussies.
>>
>>1123069
Main problem is that french people speak very little english, so unless he speaks a bit of french he won't have a lot of friends due to this. Otherwise, french are generally nice to americans
>>
>>1123372
Honestly I think that applies everywhere. Don't brag about something being better in another country while visiting another country. People are prideful and they hate hearing that.
>>
File: 1465055101237.jpg (688 KB, 1200x2003) Image search: [Google]
1465055101237.jpg
688 KB, 1200x2003
>>1123216
Holy shit this is some Grade-A satire
>>
File: bane1.jpg (26 KB, 535x364) Image search: [Google]
bane1.jpg
26 KB, 535x364
>>1124237
>Nobody cared who they were until they put on the mask

Kek
>>
>>1123402
>>1123428
>"Note even /pol/"
sure mate
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.