[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flanders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Paris-Roubaix-Strava-Main.jpg (69 KB, 728x410) Image search: [Google]
Paris-Roubaix-Strava-Main.jpg
69 KB, 728x410
Hey /trv/
In two weeks im going to Dessel for graspop.
I am staying in Belgium after that, going to Brugges then Brussels for a while.

What are some must see/do in these cities, or other cities nearby? Also any tips welcome
Thank you
>>
Both Brugges and Brussels are pretty boring and shit. I dont get why they attract so many tourists.

Go to Ghent instead.
>>
>>1123241
What's there to do at Ghent
>>
>>1123328
Bruges and Bxl are just the normal tourist path.
Genth is of the usual path & pretty vibrant city. It's ok.

I'm a big fan of Mechelen for culture/during the day. And Leuven is by far the best place to go out (avoid june-august & december-january)
>>
>>1123012
Brugge is very pretty and nice. Definitely don't skip it, but there's no reason to spend too much time there. Just walk around the city, it's not very big.
Definitely visit Gent. And especially Leuven like this guy >>1123354 says if you want to go out. I spent my Erasmus there and it's one of my favourite places in the world.
>>
>>1123241
Kek, Ghent anon can't cope with that fact that boring-ass-bruges is way more interesting for tourists. Bruges is like one big open air museum in which people actually live. Cozy town. Think York, if you've ever been there. Brussels is nice enough, in the center. Ghent is a hipster place, but you might as well enjoy the bigger Antwerp if you want trendy.

Anyway: i'd say Brussels, Bruges and the 'westhoek'. There's an awfull lot to see about WW1 near Ypres. Tynecot cementary and the Menenpoort are amazing.

Leuven is nice, but it's basicly an overgrown uni-town. Nice enough to go out. Allthough i prefer Ghent for that.
>>
>>1123354
>Mechelen
I know it's a /trv/ meme, but it's my hometown and while we get some tourists every now and then, it's definitely not on any 'must see' list.

>Leuven
Its center is about as big as Mechelen's but its main attraction is easy first-year uni students, and they're all studying at the moment. I'd skip it, but that's just because of your timing.

Do visit Bruges, if only for walking around for a day, do visit Bruxelles (pls help their tourism sector get back on its feet, much saddenings). And between Ghent and Antwerp, the choice is clear: Antwerp >> Ghent.
>>
>>1123860
> I know it's a /trv/ meme

never heard of this. I'm also from Mechelen region

> easy first-year uni students
teach me senpai

Antwerp is shit tho
>>
File: 413.jpg (2 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
413.jpg
2 MB, 5184x3456
>>1123899
It's a bit of a /trv/ meme to hate on your hometown when it gets mentioned. I'll agree that Mechelen is nice, but it's worth an afternoon and nothing more.

>Antwerp is shit tho
>not liking 't Waagstuk
>not liking based Kulminator
I'd say it depends. I studied there for four years and as a result I'm a bit bored of it now, but all foreigners that have ever come to visit me, loved it.
>>
Ghent is amazing. If you have to pick one more city I'd definitely go for that one. It's also pretty close to Bruges. But then again, in Belgium everything is close to eachother.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.