[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Japan so beautiful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 82297401517526629872133015102.jpg (237 KB, 1024x824) Image search: [Google]
82297401517526629872133015102.jpg
237 KB, 1024x824
I'm not even talking about the countryside (which is also beautiful) I haven't seen metropolitan cities look so comfy before.

I don't want to come off as a weeb or something.
But I realize how aesthetically pleasing the buildings look.
>their color
>their shape

Is it because I grew up watching anime or something?

Can anyone else relate?
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pXFktAbx5Y
>>
>>1122308
the cities are kind of ugly. lots of metal, small and crowded. completely utilitarian. no trees.
>>
File: 156874193_5fb5c62090.jpg (146 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
156874193_5fb5c62090.jpg
146 KB, 500x375
>>1122338
This tbqh.

In all seriousness though how can you find cities in Japan aesthetic? I live in and love Japan and I think they are shit tier disgusting during the day. Japan has the ugliest urban environments in the G7 and probably second only to South Korea in the developed world.

>gray crammed together buildings everywhere
>snarled power lines everywhere
>no brick or anything, just concrete and those buildings made out of..tile?
>tacky signage plastered on every building.

However, Japanese residential neighborhoods are cozy/comfy as heck, pic related.
>>
>>1122308
>Grew up watching anime
>Not a weeb
>>
File: KcPNHIr.jpg (366 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
KcPNHIr.jpg
366 KB, 1024x768
Sapporo is nice. It doesn't look like a typical asian city
>>
>>1122308
Jesus crop that image at least
>>
>>1122308
I feel the same way. Japan is very beautiful. I want to go back as soon as possible.
>>
>>1122321
this^
Especially in Tokyo. There are some cool places there, but the best part of Japan is the smaller cities (Sapporo, Nara, Atami), and the more rural, natural parts.
>>
How is a 6'0" white male treated in Japan?
>>
>>1122565
You will be god. Get ready for lots of giggling females asking for your numburu, gaijinsan
>>
>>1122565
Literal god-tier. You will be treated as if you too are descended from Amaterasu.
>>
>>1122308
you posted this in the japan thread as well
delete this thread and post it again when you've visited the country you're talking about
>>
>>1122565
Get ready to pull down your pants a lot because everyone will want to suck your cock first thing when they see you.
>>
>>1122565
>Doesn't mention hair coIor and length / styIe, eye coIor, weight or buiId

Being over weight, baId, a skeIIy or having bad skin At 6 + won't save you.
>>
>>1122615
>tfw 5'8 slightly balding, kind of overweight with phimosis

>banged literal idol tier japanese girls

The memes are true, they love white. It helps that I know Japanese fluently.
>>
>>1122563
it's the fault of urban planning departments and modern tax code. older areas of cities are highly functional and BEAUTIFUL. but in the 80's growth spurt there was a retail real estate boom that favored maximizing value because of high taxes. so you get stuck with boxy ugly shit that's too expensive purely because of location, and made from shitty earthquake resistant materials.

SK, singapore, and taiwan really did leran from japan's mistakes in this regard.

>>1122565
you will be treated like a god. be sure to talk about your hobbies and pick up useful phrases such as "sou desu ne?" to enhance mutual understanding
>>
>>1122372
they need to pave neighborhoods with cobblestone instead of concrete. it would help serve to stem cost deflation and also beef up local industries without simply causing a bubble. I can't stand the concrete. the concrete literaly drove me crazy last summer.
>>
>>1122615
Ok

6'0, cleancut blonde hair, blue eyes, 185 lbs, athletic build

Now?
>>
>>1122686
>Now?

Convince yourseIf aII of this is true.
>>
>>1122686
If you're not at least 6'1, platinum blonde with light blue heterochromic eyes and 6% bodyfat you're going to be spit on in the streets if you even get let in at the airport.
>>
File: white is loser.png (444 KB, 750x660) Image search: [Google]
white is loser.png
444 KB, 750x660
>>1122686
kill yourself
>>
>>1122686
>6'0

Kek manlet.
>>
>>1122316
I remember watching these Nips do this on the Amazing Race
>>
>>1122686
Blonde hair is ugly on men and you're sort of fat

>>1122755
Not remotely. Literally God-tier perfect height actually.
>>
>>1122814
That would be 6'2 actually.
>>
>>1122814
>6' 185
>sort of fat

Ok skeletor
>>
>>1122308

Even google streetview shows everything looking so comfy especially the houeses in the province.

Japan looks really comfy. Too bad the culture is somewhat repressed but that's probably why they have such nice things over there.

Even people committing suicide in the forest are polite.

>>1122565

I like how everyone respoind is humoring you
>>
>>1122834
nah...at 6'2 people start looking strange. 5'10 to 6'1 is nice tho.
>>
Lived in Tokyo for a few years. I agree with others that in the day time the city is pretty ugly aesthetically speaking though I personally sort of like it because it looks lived in. IMO massive slabs of beautiful skyscrapers like in many cities is great for photos but ends up feeling cold at ground level. Tokyo is a much more vertically compressed city so there is more going on closer to the ground. In a lot of major cities it is either happening right on the ground or up in some 20 story office building that you don't have access to. In Tokyo it feels like 90% of everything is happening within about 10 floors with the difference being you can easily access all 10 of those floors. As a result even though Tokyo is less vertical in average building height you actually have to look up more than in most cities because there are tons of businesses open to the public that are operating on the 2nd floor and beyond.

That said turn off a side street and Tokyo becomes amazingly small scale. Even though I lived in Shinjuku-ku my neighborhood felt like exactly that, a small little local community.
>>
>>1122321
>no trees.
>>1122563
>Especially in Tokyo.

Sounds like you faggots have never been to Japan. Fuck off.
>>
>5'4 ripped white guy

do i have a chance in japan? you know girls in japan fuck dogs? i might have a shot
>>
>>1122308
Did a study abroad program at Tokyo Tech for a year.
I can definitely relate. Even though the number of buildings is mind boggling, it never feels overwhelming. Temples, large parks (even though Yoyogi can be gross), and the various rivers that flow through the city really help. Plus, it's dope as fuck to walk past The Emperor's palace as part of your commute
>>
>>1122565
Ziggy Stardust?
Hope you like miso.
>>
>>1123138
>nah...at 6'2 people start looking strange

That's only because you're so far below their eye level, my dear hobbit.
>>
>>1123248
>you know girls in japan fuck dogs?
Yeah but not midgets.
>>
>>1123257

if tiny did it so can i
>>
I think its got something to do with the lighting. A lot of the cities use a different kind of bulb then the kinda-creepy sodium arc ones we have everywhere.
>>
File: sie sind das essen.jpg (86 KB, 357x960) Image search: [Google]
sie sind das essen.jpg
86 KB, 357x960
>>1122565
>>
>>1123277
SHINGEKI NO GAIJIN!
>>
>>1122308
I agree with you. Japan is a country of harmony and fitting in, so for the most part things try to match their surroundings.
>>
>>1123248
I remember the girls-fuck-dogs 祭り of '13. Good times. A Great Dane won best in show.
>>
>>1123256
No, he's right. In general people start to look weird at that size or higher.
>>
>>1123292
It's not just japanese girls. A lot of American grills are into k9 these days too. Don't you know about the paw-print tats?
>>
Aesthetics is a big part of the Japanese culture. Therefore, all their cities, villages, etc. are very lovely and clean.
>>
>>1122308
No darkies/Muslims
>>
>>1122814
>Blonde hair is ugly on men
lol ok, Ahmed.
>>
>>1123292
>I remember the girls-fuck-dogs 祭り
I don't know what this is but I and my penis want details.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.