[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asia mountains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: bali-hai-french-polynesia.jpg (58 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
bali-hai-french-polynesia.jpg
58 KB, 550x366
Hi ppl

I'm going to asia next month.
China, Japan, cambodia, south korea, laos, indonesia (Bali included) , Thailand, Vietnam, etc...

I NEED TO HIKE MOUNTAINS.
I've hiked up a couple, I like to do regular ones that dont require special equiment.

plz TOP 5 MOUNTAINS ASIA.
>>
File: 9931_img1.jpg (1 MB, 2835x1883) Image search: [Google]
9931_img1.jpg
1 MB, 2835x1883
Kamikochi is one of the most beautiful highland places in Japan.
>>
>>1121358
I haven't done much hiking in other areas, but in South Korea I recommend Hallasan and Seoraksan.
>>
In China I can recommend Huangshan.

You should also seek out a remote part of the great wall and do a hike there. Most of the touristy parts of the great wall suck, and it goes through some nice mountains.
>>
File: fuji.jpg (83 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
fuji.jpg
83 KB, 620x387
you'll be there with about 400,000 other people, but don't be *that guy* who's too cool go up one of the most iconic mountains on earth just because other people have heard of it.

i'm going to tokyo in january with my 2 year old, so it's not on the list for me. :(
>>
Vietnams got amazing caves. Basically the exact opposite of mountains but hey. Should check them out anyways.
>>
>>1121602
>taking a baby on a transoceanic flight

On behalf of every flight passenger in the history of ever: eat shit. You are the worst kind of scum.
>>
>>1121609
Earplugs and or earbuds playing loud music.

>>1121602
I do hope you're 2 year old is well trained, my good sir.
>>
File: DeerNaraParkJapan2.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DeerNaraParkJapan2.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>1121609
>i'm going to put my life on hold and not introduce my kid to the excitement and exploration of travel for whiny strangers

nah

also
>2 year old
>baby

>>1121610
he's great right now. flew to denver last month, no problem (even with a cold for the flight home), 5+ hour car rides, tent camping, everything i throw at him, little dude's a trooper. and for the flights to and from japan they'll be overnight and he'll have his own seat, so worst case scenario a little benadryl and a nap should smooth everything out. ;)
>>
File: son-doong-cave.jpg (126 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
son-doong-cave.jpg
126 KB, 680x383
>>1121607
Pic for reference.
>>
>>1121609
I am a frequent passenger on the aeroplanes, and you do not speak for me.

A crying babby on a plane can be a nuisance -- but I imagine sitting next to you is no picnic either.

In any case, people have to travel, and people get to travel, if you don't like that you can always stay home.
>>
>>1121609
sat next to two parents and their baby on the way back from japan last week. baby cried extremely loud for the first 15 minutes, then passed out from its own crying for the next 13 hours. it's not a big deal if you have earbuds desu.
>>
>going to Asia for mountains
>not going to Nepal
>>
Taiwan has a bunch. Alishan, Yushan, Baiguoshan, Shoushan, etc
>>
luzon island (philippines) has some nice mountains that are not too hard / dont require special equipment.

nice thing is that u will be mostly alone with ur guide and can enjoy nature because there is no crazy crowds of tourists like say on Mt Fuji.
>>
north-east india is absolutely gorgeous place to visit, although if you actually want to climb the mountains they are a bit more north than where most people visit
>>
>>1121681
this
>>
>>1121600
It has fucking steps though

Like all mountains in Great Chong
>>
Kumano Kodo is a famus pilgrimage route in Japan. One of the routes goes through the mountains I think.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4952.html
>>
If you make it to Hokkaido, Daisetsuzan National Park is nice.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.