[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Istanbul to Amsterdam: cycling route?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: deartrv.png (67 KB, 1374x1245) Image search: [Google]
deartrv.png
67 KB, 1374x1245
If you were given the chance to ride your bike from Istanbul, Turkey to Amsterdam, Netherlands; which route would you take and which cities would you stop in and WHY?
>>
File: IMG_1901[1].jpg (901 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1901[1].jpg
901 KB, 1936x1936
Don't worry about time or money. I'm writing a story and am in dire need of some inspiration.
>>
>>1120490
then why start in Turkey?
>>
>>1120489

I hitchhiked from London to Istanbul. If you don't have any time constraints, I'd suggest something along the lines:

>Istanbul
>Sofia
>Belgrade
>Sarajevo
>Dubrovnik
>Ljubljana
>Venice
>Milan
>sweep through Austria, maybe see some cities
>Munich
>Berlin
>Cologne
>Amsterdam

Don't know if that's good or not. You could go up through Romania and Hungary and the Czech Republic on the way to Germany as well. It just depends on what you're interested in doing. I basically suggested the reverse route that I did. I don't know if it would be practical for cycling, especially when you have to pass up through the Alps in Italy, Austria, and Germany.
>>
It might be interesting to bike along the iron curtain trail.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EV13_The_Iron_Curtain_Trail

You would have to branch off somewhere in (Northern)Germany. That's easy since Germany and Netherlands got extensive and well maintained cycling networks.
>>
File: Výstřižek.jpg (122 KB, 808x639) Image search: [Google]
Výstřižek.jpg
122 KB, 808x639
>greek shore
>macedonia
>serbia
>hungary
>austria
>germany
>netherlands

there is a reason why the migrant route goes like this
it's because it's the easiest and comfiest natural way and you avoid Albania and Bulgaria (for obvious reasons)

>which cities would you stop in?
Don't know, don't care, probably Thessaloniki, Skopje, Belgrade, Szeged, Budapest, Esztergom, Bratislava, Vienna, Linz, Passau, Nürnberg, Frankfurt, Cologne
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.