[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow travelers. I will precede my question by expressing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Beethoven.jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Beethoven.jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
Hello fellow travelers. I will precede my question by expressing my gratitude in advance. I know how helpful you guys are and have had many questions answered in the past. It is boards like this that motivate me to defend this site when it is scorned by those who know it only through the debauchery in most of the other boards.

My soul is restive and I cannot sit still for long. I have traveled to many countries and have found that teaching English is the best way to spend a significant length of time in a place while having the opportunity to learn about the culture, people, etc. I am hoping that with this thread, I can put an end to my indecision concerning where I should go next and maybe even find some advice regarding how to move forward.

I am interested in culture and beauty as it exists in, I hope you'll excuse the suggestive nature of the term but I can think of nothing else more appropriate, the more refined countries. I have been to countries in Southeast Asia, South America, and Africa but in all of them, there is that absence of development, not in the countries themselves, but in the people that deprives me of the pleasure I find in conversing and learning from cultured and cultivated men.

I have grown to attach great significance to this pleasure and am constructing my plan accordingly. I want to teach in a country where I will be surrounded by such people for the inspiration and intellectual stimulation they provide. This is why I have limited my destinations to the following: St. Petersburg, Madrid or a city along the south of Spain, Athens, or somewhere in the UAE.

I would love to have some accounts of experiences had in these places as I know little to nothing of them. I speak Arabic, a little Spanish, I was born in Greece, and Russia fascinates me; these are among the reasons, along those I mentioned earlier, that have led me to lean toward looking for work in these places.
>>
>>1123521
I am an artist and naturally work best in a bohemian environment. I do not know if the places I have in mind can offer that for me so if there is a city or town that may be better suitable for me and what I would like, please recommend it!
>>
File: 1464160831326.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1464160831326.gif
1 MB, 300x169
tl;dr
>>
>>1123521
>UAE
Really? Well I don't have any personal experience in the area, but I'd be lying if I said that your choice of the UAE did not come as a surprise to me, but maybe it is worth checking out and I've been to quick to dismiss it simply as "Vegas in a turban", is there more to UAE than just Dubai? Or is there more to Dubai than I've given them credit for?

I've never been to St. Petersburg, other than the one in Florida, but I can understand why you would be drawn to the city. It seems like Russia has produced so many great authors, part of the reason I want to learn the Russian language is so that I can enjoy their works as they wrote them.
>>
>>1123523
Prague
Tangier
>>
>>1123544
The UAE appeals primarily for the compensation I would receive there, which is significantly higher than what I would find in other countries. It's also because I would like to improve my skill in Arabic and I can't imagine a better way to do that then to live in one of those areas. I threw it out there to see if anyone had any experience there to share because I know little of the UAE and don't know if there are areas that are conducive for artistic activity or if it is all just as devoid of culture as it is hot.

>>1123545
Thanks, I can't say I have any interest in learning Czech though and I will have to look more into Tangier before I can form idea about it. Do you have any experience in either?
>>
>>1123552
My girlfriend and I are going to the Czech Republic this fall, but at the moment none unfortunately.

Yes a little, I spent a week in Tangier during my trip to Morocco. It was easily my favorite city in the country. I also went to Casablanca, Meknes, Marrakech, Fes, Essaouira and Rabat. Their train system is cheap and wonderful. Since you like Spain, Tangier is a great choice because they speak Arabic but if you decide you don't like it you always have the option of crossing over.
>>
File: 1464146536064.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464146536064.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
>>1123521
Haha nice joke thread

Fucking wanker
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.