[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Machu Picchu! I'm doing the 4 day Inca Trail trek in August.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: MP.jpg (351 KB, 1200x796) Image search: [Google]
MP.jpg
351 KB, 1200x796
Machu Picchu!
I'm doing the 4 day Inca Trail trek in August. I'm 30, reasonably fit (have been cycling 11km every day for the last month and will continue to do so til I start my travels at the end of July).
What sort of weather can I expect? Are the mosquitos really that bad?
Tell me your experiences please /trv/
>>
This is going to be good
>>
>>1117925
have you done any research?

i looked into this a little while ago, apparently it is mandatory to get a guide. why don't you look up guides, read their website and read reviews?
>>
There is a train ride leading to the top. I think that's the only way you can there, actually. Railroad is named PeruRail; line is named Ferrocarril Santa Ana.
>>
>>1119225
Yea have done all that, booked and paid for. But there's no substitute for recent first-hand knowledge. I've read a lot of conflicting reports about how cold it as and what/not to pack.
>>1119227
Definitely not. There are plenty of tour companies. There's a bus right that takes you to/from the top, but fuck that. That's for old and lazy people. Plus apparently the ruins that you stay in during the trek are totally worth the trek.
>>
>>1119227
to clear some confusions:
the train gets to the town called Aguas Calientes (since recently also referred to as Machu Picchu), from which you can take a bus to the site.
You can also hike but it's along the road and steep.

Both the train and the bus - especially the train - are hugely overpriced. There's also a special train for locals only.

I still think this is preferrable to taking the Inca trail, because from what I heared that one is overcrowded on top of being overpriced. And why would you prefer that to just seeing MP and then taking a hike elsewhere?
That's just my opinion though.
>>
august is a good time usually usually it's dry season but expect some rain due to el niƱo
>>
>>1117925
I hiked the 4 day Inca trail over New Year's 2014/15. My hiking group was pretty chill, and our guide was a former paramedic with a masters in history. He told us some weird stuff (like how the Incas were 7 foot tall supermen), but overall it was an amazing experience. The hike itself isn't too hard, and the porters definitely help. We were there during the rainy season, so there were showers everyday, but it only poured once or twice. The clouds made the scenery that much more beautiful, even if it did obstruct the view sometimes.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.