[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swedes moving to Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mg8k1ciZH21s0xmo1o1_500.jpg (101 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg8k1ciZH21s0xmo1o1_500.jpg
101 KB, 500x281
Not sure if this is travel-related but here goes.

I am a Canadian citizen, white, Germanic stock. I moved back home to Canada over a year ago with my Swedish girlfriend, and we got married the first week we were here. We submitted all the paperwork shortly thereafter. It has been over 1 year and we have not received anything from the government, not even work papers or a letter of confirmation.

Has any European here ever attempted moving to Canada for love? any advice you guys could give me?

(don't worry she is a native Swede, blonde hair blue eyes, I am not importing any third world filth)
>>
Did you check online for your application status?

Crazy coincidence cause I came to this thread right after I read an article posted in the Toronto Fb group for sw Swedes: https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/05/13/frustration-abounds-for-immigration-call-centre-users.html

I'm Canadian too and likely not gonna end up with a North American. Almost all of my friends who have married to get their partner in has had a hard time. Luckily Sweden is most first world than Canada so that should help your chances.

Why not move to Sweden? I did, for a bit.
>>
>he fell for the canada is a great place meme
>>
Tell her she's your hora
>>
>>1117404
She'll be fine you neo nazi scum. The process takes years and if you're not dumb enough to pressure the government and ask constantly for updates or how you can help speed the process you get pulled down to the bottom of the list.
>>
>>1117444
>>1117457
>>1117463

I'm glad /int/ has brought its bullshit to /trv/

also, residency takes 18 months if the person being sponsored it outside of the country, longer if the person is in the country.
>>
I'm a US citizen trying to move to Canada, how much "cushion"(i.e. survival) money should I take with me? I am meeting a friend at the airport who lives in Peterborough and he could possibly give me a couch to sleep on but I do want to make an effort to find a steady income and eventually get my own place, but for now, I need to know how much I should take that will last me a while. I'm not smoker or anything, so I won't be spending the money like crazy.
>>
File: zootopia-sloth-trailer-000.jpg (84 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
zootopia-sloth-trailer-000.jpg
84 KB, 800x480
>>1117975
Sort out a fake visa or SIN. It will take AGES to get a work permit, I'm talking minimum, one year. The Canadian government are literally sloths
>>
>>1117404
>It has been over 1 year and we have not received anything from the government, not even work papers or a letter of confirmation.
Get an attorney. Call the government? Sounds fishy.
>>
>>1118365
Nigga who in this day and age can afford an attorney?
>>
>>1117975
Depends. If you're good with money, I'd say between 6-10k. I've known people that came with $200 dls.

If you're in dire need go to the YMCA, they'll sort you out. You're an immigrant from a first world country but an immigrant at the end. You're entitled to all the programs and services they offer to all the rest of the world. Look that shit up. Just don't be a dick and go on welfare, you already speak English and I assume are educated.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.