[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/. I'm taking my girlfriend to Disneyland next week.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1-disneyland_castle.jpg (198 KB, 1000x450) Image search: [Google]
1-disneyland_castle.jpg
198 KB, 1000x450
Hey /trv/.
I'm taking my girlfriend to Disneyland next week.
She's never been, and I haven't been in 10+ years.
What are all the "MUST DO"s of the park? Any resturants we have to go to? Rides that are absolute musts? Fun bits of trivia? Hidden Mickey's? Etc etc etc.
The only thing we have planned is a Blue Bayou reservation one night, and currently have Disneyland only passes--But may upgrade to parkhopper once we're there.
What's the best way to break in a Disney Virgin?
Thanks~
>>
>>1114195
I took a friend there a few months back for the first time in over ten years. Because of this, we ended up playing it by ear for the most part and hit whatever interested him at the time. I currently recommend the Haunted Mansion, if only to see the effects on the Hatbox Ghost up close. (Definitely worth it IMO). Beyond that, it's all up to whatever interests you both. The 'Mountain' rides are always worth it if you're into thrills, though I recommend a Fast Pass for Space Mountain due to large crowds building around it to see the new Star Wars overlay.

And with that said, be ready to see Star Wars hype all over Tomorrowland due to them building hype for the new Star Wars Land that's being built in the space between Frontierland and Fantasyland.

As far as trivia goes, have a couple points of interest:
-Walt Disney had a secret apartment he stayed in above the entrance to the Main Street Firehouse. The light you see in the windoe is suppose dot symbolize his presence in the parks.
-The alley between the exit of Pirates and the DL Railroad holds the entrance to Club 33, a private club that is currently the only place in Disneyland to serve alcohol.
-Indiana Jones: While waiting in line, try to look behind you as you leave the room with the film playing. If you look closely behind the projector, you can make out the sign used for the old Eeyore section of the parking lot that the ride was built over.
-If, by some dumb chance you decide to give the Winnie the Pooh ride a go, look to the ceiling behind you as you leave the Heffalumps and Woozles room. You'll see a set of busts used in the old Country Bear Jamboree attraction.
-Star Tours: Try to have a friendly discussion with the cast member boarding you about a 'rebel spy'. There's a good chance you may be treated to a surprise.
>>
Download the app, was just there and the ride wait times are pretty accurate.
>>
thing about disneyland is there's a lot to see, not a lot to do. It's also very expensive

I'd personally recommend changing plans.
>>
>>1114265
jesus christ, kill yourself

it's fucking disneyland

goddammit I hate kids nowadays
>>
>>1114259
There's an ap now? rad.
>>
>>1114290
>goddammit I hate kids nowadays

So you're going to... disneyland?
>>
>>1114243
>If, by some dumb chance you decide to give the Winnie the Pooh ride a go
You best not be talkin' shit about Pooh.
>>
Not even trolling; I'm genuinely curious and have been for a few years.

What's the appeal of Disneyland/world for adults? I dated a girl for a short bit and she had a full on obsession and went like once a year despite barely being able to afford food. I've met several others like her since.

So what's the deal?
>>
>>1114417
Yeah, my bad. Wasn't trying to badmouth the Poohster. Just merely acknowledging the possibility that it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

>>1114418
This calls to mind my teen years. I was a cynical ass who tried to distance myself from the kiddie stuff of my past, and the Disney parks were on the list of stuff I avoided. Ended up being dragged back there by a friend I met in college. There's just something...soothing about the place. It's easy to just lose yourself in the sights and sounds of everything; something that other places I've been to just can't manage to pull off. It's also one of the few places where everyone seems nicer and friendly (except the Brazilians).

I guess it all depends on how you approach it. If you're the kind who only goes to these places for the thrills and white-knuckle intensity, it's pretty lacking. But if you want a place where you can just lose yourself for a while in something nostalgic, then the appeal will be there.
>>
>>1114418
I second this.
Visiting US (on way to South America) for 2 weeks and we're spending two days in Disneyland. My partner is obsessed with going, she went there as a kid and has always wanted to go back. We're going with her friend who's also bringing her boyf, maybe us 2 dudes will have to find this club 33? Anyone got any info on it?
>>
>>1114418
its like being a kid again.
>>
>>1114418
I compare Disney with cruising. You either like it or you don't. You are either one and one, or a lifer.

Disneyland is the methadone to Disney World's heroin. It's acceptable if you are within driving distance, but not as immersive as the Orlando Park.

Off-peak Disney World is a top tier resort vacation, and can be done economically.
>>
>>1114418
>So what's the deal?

It's the realization of a childhood dream: to visit Disney World whenever you want AND on your own terms. You get to decide 100% of what you do that day. My wife (gf at the time) went all the time the first year we dated.

Also, there are some pretty cool adult drinkies throughout if you know where to look.

Also, when you have kids of your own, you are reliving your own childhood through them.
>>
>>1114552
>Also, there are some pretty cool adult drinkies throughout if you know where to look.
I have no idea what this sentence is supposed to mean.
>>
What's the best way to get from West Hollywood to Anaheim (Disneyland). Uber, train, taxi etc? For someone who's never been to the US before.
>>
>>1115359
Rent a car, cheaper than uber
>>
>>1115359
rent a car or greyhound
>>
>>1115362
>>1115367
Really, even for a one way ticket?! I'm a competent driver but we drive on the left where I'm from, and I only need to get to Anaheim, not back.
>>
>>1115382
greyhound then

you can do amtrak+buses but it'll fucking suck

a rental car is the easiest

greyhound is fine, just make sure to do a day bus since the loonies ride at night
>>
>>1115383
Okay, thanks kind anon! Greyhound it is. Is that something you can just book on the spot, or should I book in advance
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.