[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about traveling to Thailand for 9-10 days, is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: thailand2.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1312) Image search: [Google]
thailand2.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1312
Thinking about traveling to Thailand for 9-10 days, is there anything/anywhere you guys would recommend or that I should avoid?
>>
>>1114091
Avoid: Phuket. There are plenty of beach places which are not ruined by tourists and scams.
>>
Avoid:
Phuket
Pattaya

Recommend:
Chiang mai
Almost any island
>>
If oppossed to Thai hookers, stay away from Pattaya.

If looking for Thai hookers, go to Pattaya.
>>
>>1114132

Hookers are not really my thing, thanks for the tip.
>>
>>1114108
Everyone not native to a certain village in a certain country visiting it for leisure is a tourist. Don't consider yourself anything different.
>>
I think Hua Hin (sic?) would be a good bet. This is a place where Thai's vacation (beach community).
>>
they really hate the king there
make sure to insult him in conversation with every thai

you will really ingratiate yourself, you can live for 15 years without any money in Thailand by this method
>>
I've been there twice.
Skip Bangkok, absolutely boring place.
Chiang Mai is great if you like cultural kind of things, try and go there when they have Loy Krathong (not sure on spelling), which is in November I think.
A nice Island I went to is Koh Chang, which is on the north-west side of Thailand I think. Awesome beaches and snorkeling. There's still plenty of tourists there, but not too many. It's a one road around the whole Island kind of place.
>>
>>1114492
I would stay in Bangkok a day or two. it's not completely boring. There's nothing really specific to do there beyond the few temples though. I personally don't care about seeing any temples after seeing 1-2. Bangkok is just nice to wander around. Go to all the big markets. Ride the river taxi. Go down the side streets with all the food vendors. Meet some girl on tinder and she'll take you to some cool non tourist bars and shit.
>>
Ever thought about some of the other countries in the region? Philippines has way fewer tourists, nature is quite beautiful, and everyone genuinely loves foreigners and speaks some English. Vietnam has incredible food and coffee, and amazing motorbike riding. Myanmar has incredible temples and culture that hasn't been influenced by the outside world all that much yet.

Just making sure you've considered your options. Thailand has great beaches, a great backpacker scene (especially if you're early-mid 20s), and great hookers, but IMO it's a little too swamped with tourists now and that's changed the culture.
>>
>>1114503

And to answer your question:

* In BKK check out the ping pong show at Super Pussy. Read up on it beforehand to avoid getting scammed.

* Go to Chiang Mai. I can't explain it, but I've had some of the most amazing times there. Bars are supposed to close at 12 but there are 1-2 places open later. (I've been out drinking at 4 there. Just ask the Thai girls where)

* Go to Pai and stay at Darling or Circus. Darling might be too low key for low season now.

* Go to Ko Phi phi, and then when you run out of steam, go to Ko Lanta a short ferry ride away to relax. On Ko Lanta rent a scooter and ride around the island.

* If you want to meet regular Thai girls use Tinder in BKK. It's not very widely used by non-hooker Thais outside of BKK.

*In BKK if you're doing well with a backpacker girl take her to a club full of freelancers. The freelancers will help you try to set up a threesome with them.
>>
>>1114505
I'm going to BKK next week. I don't have Tinder because it's not useful where I live. But would it be worth setting one up for when I'm in BKK? If I'm a decent looking white guy, any chance of hooking up with a local girl even when I only have about 3 days in BKK?
>>
>>1114656

usw badoo. nothing easier than getting some thai pussy for a young white guy in thailand.
>>
>>1114656
Yeah, pay for tinder premium, upload some pictures, and 3-4 days before you land set your location there. Swipe right on a fuckload of girls then when you match just tell them when you're coming. You'll have a ton of local tour guides to choose from before you land, but beware, they'll be flaky, so keep options open.

>>1114769
Wish I had tried this in Thailand. In Vietnam and other SE Asian countries this was far easier than Tinder too, less competition...
>>
>>1114483
This is a good way to get yourself killed
>>
>>1114783
>Tinder premium

Hell no. Fuckers would charge me over 20 a month just because I've turned 30.
>>
File: 1463318191207.webm (3 MB, 656x626) Image search: [Google]
1463318191207.webm
3 MB, 656x626
>>1114132
>>
>>1115032
>dat ladyboy
>dem hips/thighs

Would ruin so hard
>>
>>1114483
>you can live for 15 years without any money in Thailand by this method
subtle
>>
Ko Mook was my favourite along with Ko Kradan. Just off of Trang. Really chilled out and great beaches. Rented a kayak and went in and around and up through water passage ways inside of karst formations.
>>
>>1115035
That's a woman, not all hookers from Thailand arw trans...
>>
Instead of tinder plus, just use fake gps on your device and set it to bkk. Ive used something like that and it worked like a charm. Its nice to see how viable are you across the world
>>
>>1115674
She had a nice Adam's apple.
>>
>>1114091

Chain mai and pai are incredibly underrated. They're in Northern Thailand in the mountains.

>>1114111

Why not pattaya?
>>
>>1115730
Isan is even more underrated. Pattaya is as well, outside of sex tourism. It's way more than Walking Street and LK Metro.
>>
>>1115730
Pattaya is sleasy.
Kanchanaburi if youre big into your WWII and want to see the death railway.
>>
>>1115730
no one underrates pai. every dirty weed smoking hippy who failed out of their liberal arts program because it was too hard has been to and spent half a year in pai.
>>
>>1115761
No, a part of the city I'd sleazy. But there is more there the that part, and even more in the Chonburi Province than just Pattaya
>>
>>1115788
Siracha's roots just north of Pattaya
>>
>>1114492
I totally disagree, I loved Bangkok. It really depends on if you like big cities. I appreciated the grittiness, fast moving traffic, food, and soul of the city. If my mind could be imagined as a city, it would be Bangkok.
>>
>>1116641
I agree, Bangkok is an amazing place. The Chinatown night market is great, and the food is amazing.

There's loads to do in Bangkok.
>>
Avoid Koh Samui. Hell on earth for someone not into mass tourism.

And Bangkok for the same reason (plus drinking & sex tourists, scammers and heavily polluted smelly air that will make your throat hurt, if you are as sensitive as I am). Oh, and of course the fucking heat and humidity (according to the World Meteorological Organisation it is the hottest city on earth!).
>>
>>1115704
that and she was way to hot to be a normal Thai girl definitely a ladyboy
>>
>>1115674
nope sorry to disappoint you m8but thats is a dude. I was there for a month and i can spot a lady boy miles away now. That is a man.
>>
if you guys travelled in thailand by plane, have you booked your flights in advance or are they so often that there is no need for that? i see i will need to flight 3times while in thailand only.

also what are best islands that you can reccomend to see? im more about nature not, horde of fat tourist fuckers everywhere so places like phuket can go fuck itself.
>>
>>1119794
Koh Chang
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.