[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cross the Atlantic for free? From Europe to the Americas.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dolphin.jpg (25 KB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.jpg
25 KB, 375x250
How do I cross the Atlantic for free? From Europe to the Americas. Does anyone have experience hitchhiking boats? I heard it takes a lot of time to find a boat and still it won't be for free. Is there a way via Iceland, Greenland? Or maybe from Africa to Brazil? Experience anyone?
>>
Smuggling drugs maybe? Become a missionary? Sounds pretty unrealistic...
>>
Swim across the ocean you lazy piece of shit.
>>
maybe go around some of the major ports of europe and ask is there a way for you to get on a boat that's going to the americas in exchange that you do some basic work on that boat

i have a friend who got from rotterdam to rio de janeiro on a container ship that way, although the trip took over two weeks and my friend said it was one of the worst experiences he has ever gone through
>>
>>1113848
more details about his story? Officially this is supposed to be impossible.
>>
>>1113778
Get a job as a flight attendant.
>>
>>1113855
Well it's not like officially has stopped people before
>>
>>1113865
>Well it's not like officially has stopped people before
No, but port security and sailors' unions have. That sounds dodgy as hell, if not completely spurious. Container ships are not typically mom-and-pop businesses or free agents--they're the property of a handful of big, regulated, well-insured companies. The boats cost at least tens of millions, and could be carrying hundreds of millions worth of cargo--they like to vet the people that get on board. That means licenses, certifications, insurance, etc., not drifters.
>>
Domesticate a dolphin.
>>
so via Iceland and Greenland to Canada?
>>
>>1113865
Also, remember, people disappear all the time in international waters. If you decide to stowaway on the wrong boat with the wrong sailors and get caught, you might find yourself tossed off the ship to drown in the open ocean. There's no record of you getting on the ship so there's no way they'd ever be investigated.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.