[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /trv/! This summer I am going to spend two months in Inverness,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Scottish-flag_2109121a.jpg (18 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
Scottish-flag_2109121a.jpg
18 KB, 620x388
Hey, /trv/!

This summer I am going to spend two months in Inverness, Scotland as a medical elective student. I have no idea where to begin. Do you perhaps have any tips on living in Scotland, socializing with the Scottish, finding local attractions? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
>>
>>1112294
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen

Usual pish. Inverness is quite nice.
>>
>living in Scotland
Get a good jacket, the summers consist of heavy rain and the winters of even heavier rain.
>socializing
Don't be an autist and you'll be fine, even then the type of humour means even the oddest of people fit in. Just go to the pubs near your uni with a few people from your course and you'll be fine.

As for stuff to see, historical stuff up north, shopping and stuff in the cities as usual. Hope you enjoy it son.
>>
>>1112294

You sound brown.

If you are brown what you want to do is head up to Nairn, just up the coast about a 10-15 minute drive. Look for some council flats, and some young people sitting around outside drinking buckfast, a tasty Scottish beverage, and a trademark for Scotland's welcome comity. Juts head over and say hello, and they will sort you right out.
>>
>>1112294

White pudding and chips supper. Fucking glorious, especially after a few bevvies.
>>
>>1112294
what medical course is in bloody inverness?? there's the newly built university of highlands and islands but that only has very basic courses definetly not medicin and then there's inverness college which is really just for tinks to get a course in makeup or hair and beauty.
>>
Very nice place, but if you head down southward along the west coast you will fine much much nicer places. Try to get out onto some islands, fuckin deserted white sand beaches to camp at. Great fishing everywhere, good shrooms to be found all over if your not a complete fuckwit, great weed with the locals. Try to meet fishermen, they all smoke mad bowls. Hit up pubs often, the Scots will love to feed you shots if your not an asshole. Get some haggis from the local butchers - can be very good.

Tour some distilleries. Very worth it.

The Scots are some of the most open friendly people to travelers anywhere in the world. But, if your a dick they will beat your ass in the street for sport.
>>
>>1112328
No sir, I am very much not brown, just totally unaware of all Scottishness.

>>1112337
Basically University of Aberdeen has its training hospital there, that's why and how I am going.
>>
>>1112407

As long as you're not brown...

Local attractions: Fort George - go see it, its amazing. Culloden battle field. Loch Ness, Urquart Castle. Lots beyond taht as well into teh west highlands.

In town, theres walking the river, lots of little exhibitions. Good pubs, nice student base for pretty girls. Small safe city.

Have fun.
>>
Thank you, guys.

Also, up.
>>
Up.
>>
>>1112368
>>1112294
Try to learn to enjoy haggis. Most southern cunts don't like it and that's how you know a southern cunt is a southern cunt.
>>
>>1113416
Haggis is shit mate

Scallops and black pudding is sick tho
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.