[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love to explore, and travel, and talk to people of other countries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1452745973250.jpg (207 KB, 627x749) Image search: [Google]
1452745973250.jpg
207 KB, 627x749
I love to explore, and travel, and talk to people of other countries and cultures. It is absolutely beautiful, I wanna explore the world.

What would you recommend as a job that let's you travel a lot, and has good pay.

Also, how do people go backpacking through India and shit? I would like to do something like this as well.
>>
>>1111313

>how do people go backpacking

Not to be a dick, but is this a trick question? The "how" is pretty easily - not to mention obviously - answered. You buy a plane ticket, pack a bag, set off, and go around from city to city or locality to locality. You put in as much planning as you do or don't want to.
>>
>>1111324
i think what he means is how do people go backpacking as a regular lifestyle, aka keep or find new jobs easily while affording and having the time to travel the world.

and with that I am also curious.
>>
>>1111325
Be from a country where taking vacation is not seem as a bad thing helps a lot.
In other words, ditch US of fucking A, go to Europe or Australia or any other country where you can take 1 month off and enjoy the word instead of enjoying your office.
Or have a job that you can do remotely.
>>
>>1111325
White privilege and trusts funds. If you don't have either you are buggered
>>
I'm in marketing and although I'm only 24, I have about 10 years of experience on my resume. It's easy for me to fuck off at this point. I'm also a sub-contractor, so when I'm travelling for 6-11 months a time, I'm still technically employed by the same companies (aka there's no gap in the resume). The industry's changed a lot and it's more volatile, so management contracts are becoming common...which is wicked 'cause you can make your money and fuck off for a little bit, then come back again if you're in the company's good graces.

I've apparently landed a contract that will have me at festivals in Canada until December.

Otherwise, I bartend in different countries. But to be honest, if you're a fun/happy person, people will throw work at you. I think it helps to be open with your intentions when you're travelling. Ie if I like a place, I'll ask every bartender I order a drink from if it's easy for a person like me to find a job. Every now and then, they'll tell me to come in for an interview.

But I've also worked on a marijuana farm before, etc and once I gave up caring about the prestige of a job, it opens up a lot of work opportunities. If you've got a decent passport, there's literally millions of jobs around the world if you're willing to move for it (even easier if you're under 31-35)
>>
>>1111327
but how the hell do i gain citizenship and a decent job in western europe as a US citizen? trust me id move to germany or spain or norway in a heartbeat if that was at all feasible, but you guys wouldn't hired me unless I was an engineer

>>1111330
i do have white male privilege going for me. but i also have a job that probably wouldn't welcome me taking a month's leave (even if unpaid). its that shit that infuriates me and in a way i feel limits me greaty.

after working a year out of college i have about $12K saved. i have enough to travel but then i have to find a job right away when i come home to afford living.
>>
>>1111338
>>1111325

If that's the case then it makes more sense.

Just depends on what your priorities, qualifications, and place in life are. I took off several semesters off to travel or live independently abroad. I worked at least twenty or thirty hours per week as a sandwich delivery driver from my freshman to junior year of college, and would then go off for all of summer and sometimes fall semester as well.

Later on, I got an office job before I graduated that paid close to $50k.
>>
>>1111346
I'm the same guy and it doesn't have to make sense. I'm back in marketing after 3 years and just took odd jobs in different countries that paid well so I could keep traveling. Honestly, so many people don't care if you quit - they'll replace you tomorrow. If you can explain the gaps in your resume and then convince them you got the travel bug out, then you're good to go. And half of the time the people interviewing you have travelled so they get it.
>>
>>1111369

Wasn't for you, that was an accident.
>>
Thanks for the replies guys.

In the summer I am going to a cruise that goes to like 5 different countries in South America, and this is only the beginning.

In 2-3 years I am planning to go to AUS and or South East Asia.
>>
>>1111325
You can always do the "Digital Nomad" route. Just gotta find a way to make money on the net.
>>
>>1111330
>White privilege
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.