[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After months of work I'm flying to Alaska! Decided to live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
After months of work I'm flying to Alaska! Decided to live there a while back and so here I am finally in the airport! Today is the day! I plan to set down my roots and never move again! I'm so excited and this seems to be the board for this topic! The lines are so long here!
>>
>>1109329
Good for you OP and post about your experiences here from time to time. Also, don't get killed like that guy who moved to rural Vietnam.
>>
>>1109329
Fairbanks or Anchorage? I'm in Fairbanks, if you want to smoke out, I'm going to the airport to pick up my friend Boe at 11:30
>>
>>1109329
Wow never saw a line in Anchorage, even at TSA... interesting. Must be fairbanks?

Anyway, have fun OP. Get yourself a 4WD, and befriend some dudes to take you fishing for some salmon, halibut, hunting, flying and all the goodness that is Alaskan summers.

If you just want to live somewhere cheap? I had eyed some pretty places for sale in Seldovia last visit that were gorgeous!! I just live too far for a vacation home there.
>>
>>1109335
I think I remember him.. Did he post a picture of him drinking beer with locals and there was a fish head with a cigarette inside its mouth?
Did he really get killed?
>>
oooohh shit my kinda thread. When I was a kid I was obsessed with Alaska.

In about two months I'm taking four weeks off work and driving my ass from Chicago up through Canada to Alaska, will come down through the PNW back to Chicago, about 9,300 miles in total give or take.

Alaska bros, will I die if I take a Ford Fiesta up the Dalton highway in late June/early July? I'm already fully planning to do so, just trying to prepare for my death.
>>
>>1109364
Op here I just kinda posted and forgot about this thread, there was such chaos that occurred immediately after I took that picture. Wife forgot her id almost causing us to miss the flight! Anyways it would be nice to meet people up here.
>>1109383 just picked up my brand new 4wd Jeep Patriot. Not even ten minutes out of the dealership with it and we witnessed an accident!
>>
>>1109686
Oh, so your airport picture is where? WE assumed it was in Alaska.

Damn, an accident already! Be careful :)
>>
>>1109720
That airport picture was in Detroit
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.