[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
doing a month trip with just carry on luggage? is it possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 568441277be01.jpg (218 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
568441277be01.jpg
218 KB, 1500x1500
doing a month trip with just carry on luggage? is it possible?
>>
Totally.
>>
>>1108968
How did you do it? backpack or suitcase?
>>
>>1108967
I can easily fit two weeks worth of clothing into carry on. If I am staying longer than that then I could easily find somewhere to do laundry
>>
>>1108971
This is me >>1108974 but I use suitcase. I think flight allowance for carry on suitcases is actually quite generous
>>
I've done it more than once, so yeah, easy. I use a 33L osprey bag, but I see some shits manage to get 60L full backpacks through the gate as hand luggage even though it takes up an entire overhead locker.
>>
>>1108967
I take a duffel bag and sometimes a carry on if I need stuff like outerwear or something more formal.

If I'm traveling for work I probably have more stuff so I have a full week's worth of clothing.

More than likely you'll be able to pick up stuff like extra underwear, t-shirts, and socks for less than it would cost to check a bag.

You can wear a couple pairs of socks or a couple shirts if things are getting tight. Unless you're a serious photographer, you don't need a camera, you have a phone. A laptop and/or a cheap ereader will provide with lots of entertainment.

Really, long term trips are easier to be minimal for, because you're gonna have to buy supplies and do laundry at some point no matter what. It's those short term trips where you start going "fuck, if I just bring a little more shit I won't have to do laundry".
>>
I backpacked for 7 months with a 40L backpack. I didn't want to pay extra for baggage plus it just made getting in and out of airports easier. I'll always travel light because of it.
>>
>>1108967
I always travel for long periods of time, about 2-3 months each trip, and I never check anything when flying to a place.

I usually end up checking something on my way home, though, because of all the cool shit I collected and things I'm bringing back as gifts.

I bring a 40-50L backpack and only pack the essentials - 1 pair of pants (I'm wearing the other pair for a total of 2), 3-4 shirts, 6ish pairs of socks, same for underwear, microfibre towel, camera and charger and extra batteries, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, whatever medication I need to bring (anti-malarial, whatever), flip flops, and all of that usually only takes up half the bag.
>>
>>1108967
>Really, long term trips are easier to be minimal for, because you're gonna have to buy supplies and do laundry at some point no matter what. It's those short term trips where you start going "fuck, if I just bring a little more shit I won't have to do laundry".
This.

If you don't own a large suitcase, or you'll be paying a ton for it, or it's not going to be convenient to tote a 2nd bag/large bag...you just make up your mind what you're going to do, laundry vs pack more. I'm a tall person, and no way in hell I'd pack 30 days worth of clothes, even in good weather, and a couple things you can rewear more than once, you still need to be clean feeling to feel good.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.