[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling all Ukrainians: Is it safe to travel to the western parts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ukraine.jpg (1 MB, 1417x1122) Image search: [Google]
ukraine.jpg
1 MB, 1417x1122
Calling all Ukrainians:
Is it safe to travel to the western parts of Ukraine? Kiev, Lvov, Odessa etc?
I'm a British Citizen with a British passport, but I was born in Ukraine. I don't have a Ukrainian passport and I'm not sure if I have Ukrainian citizenship. It does say of course in my passport that I was born there.
Is it safe for me to travel there? I used to go frequently, but that was before maidan. Haven't been there since
>>
I should specify:
I don't mean safe as in safe from military activities like in the East, but rather safe as in not getting stopped in the streets because I speak Russian or getting held up at the borders because I was born there and getting conscripted or something
>>
>>1108824
Yeah.. It's pretty much safe out there. Lots of russian speaking tourists in Lviv. Noone really cares about it (And Odessa is almost 100% russian speaking city). And nope, no conscription at the borders
Western Ukraine is basically the same as it was before
>>
>>1108835
what about corrupt toll / border patrol seeking to make a buck
>>
>>1108836
No idea frankly. Haven't heard or seen that kind of stuff. But I won't deny that it's not possible either
>>
>>1108838
that's what i've heard from friends and relatives in ukraine...
are you ukrainian?
>>
>>1108827
Dude you are overthinking it way too much. propaganda has put a negative spin on this place. There is massive corruption yes. But you aren't going to be dragged from the streets and conscripted like some Al-Shabaab shit. Speaking Russian is pretty much fine.

Only issues I have had is actually speaking English in a pub in Dnipro. Some lads were angry due to the feeling of not understanding our convo/threatened by the unknown sort of thing. Also I was asked to not speak English while we looked around East Mariupol due to disgruntled pro Russian patitza/Gopniks who may question why I was there.

At the border checks either you are just treated as another person, though yesterday a soldier told me 'Welcome to Ukraine.'.

Though I would watch what you say about if you are pro Ukrainian/pro Russian. There are clashes, marches and protests becoming more regular especially at this time of year. Friend in Odesa told me last night things are getting tense again due to 2nd and 9th of May approaching.
>>
File: IMAG0634_BURST002.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0634_BURST002.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>1108844
>>1108824
>>1108440

Come here OP
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.