[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You might get this a lot but How do you make friends when you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 0
You might get this a lot but

How do you make friends when you're travelling alone?
>>
Never made any desu; got laid a few times but that's it (through Tinder)
>>
>>1108680
But then how can you go out and have fun without friends.
>>
>>1108677
>How do you make friends when you're travelling alone?
You talk to people and see if they want to do something.

Most people sitting around in a hostel are happy to go see some sites with whoever is around.
>>
Hello OP.

Just have no fear of rejection or looking stupid. Usually smart to talk to girls. If you talk to guys they might be like "dude wat im not ghey" and the other guys in the hostel will be like "lol that ghey dude thort that bro was ghey like him".

If a girl makes eye contact with me I'll find an excuse to go over and say hi. Awesome things about travelling are that there are plenty of plausible things to ask "hey guys sorry to bother but have you guys checked out X yet?" and that Western girls overseas are looking to sit on as many cocks as possible so you'll likely get a much friendlier reaction than you would from the same girl back home.

IF they're like "um, yeah, so... uh huh. I guess" and turning away from you, then think "fuck this shit", keep your cool and get out of there then repeat at a nearby bar. Keep going until you have friends. Be fun, flirt. No Western girl wants a conversation about the cultural experience you're having while you're drinking foreign brands of lager in humid heat. Not before she has taken a pounding between the legs, anyway.

Good luck and God speed
>>
>>1108677

Go to a hostel with a bar.

Go to bar and have a few drinks, listen to accents (or languages if there is lots of different people speaking different things).

After 2 or 3 drinks, target someone, go up and say something like 'ah its glad to hear such a familiar accent' if someone is from the same general area as you or 'glad to finally hear someone speaking English around here' if people are speaking lots of different languages.

Works every time, non gender specific, will work on anyone, if your not a confident person just load up on drinks till you are confident.
>>
>>1108687
The thing is that I'm an unattractive girl, so guys visibly cringe if I go up to them, even if I just want to be friends

Girls are usually in tight knit groups
>>
>>1108694
You can't be THAT bad, just try going up to less pompous/arrogant looking people and ask about what sites they've seen in the area
>>
>>1108694

People dont really care as much when traveling, if your the only other English speaking person in the place then they wont care.

For me, personality is more of a kill than looks when overseas, because i know, chances are that ill never really see you again and therefore i dont care because there is nobody to judge. What is a killer is people with bad personalities, even if your the best looking girl in the world, if your personality is shit and hanging around you isnt fun, i wont spend a second near you.

>I'm an unattractive girl

pic out of interest.
>>
>>1108694
Anon you replied to here.

I suppose my last post probably wasn't much help to you.

Yes, you're right that girls in groups are absolutely horrible to girls they don't know, with some exceptions.

Your move is to get in with a general group of people at the hostel that is drinking. Use some random travelling line to start a conversation about seeing tourist shit then, unless people are being rude to you, ask if you can hang out. People will probably say okay, but it may be on you to get yourself in to the conversation some how. Don't talk about yourself too much. Be cool. Don't give out any strong opinions. Have a few drinks, but pace yourself. Don't get hammered and don't do anything dumb. Don't immediately latch on to a target - everyone will notice. Keep up with the party. Enjoy the bar/club.

Once things start slowing down, there will usually be more guys than girls back at the hostel, drinking more. This is when you strike. I'd say just start talking to a guy who now knows who you are now but is possibly a bit drunk. If he doesn't have a prospect for the evening and is on holiday, then he may well wait for the numbers to be down a bit then suggest you watch a film together or something appropriately obvious like that.

And even if you don't get any action, then at least people know who you are the next day. If you held it together you probably at the very least have new Facebook friends.

>also, cast iron rule of 4chan: say you're a girl, get replies
>>
>>1108687
>No Western girl wants a conversation about the cultural experience you're having while you're drinking foreign brands of lager in humid heat
So what should the conversation be about?
>>
>>1108731
Like I said. Flirt and be fun.

Talking about how beautiful Angkor Wat was at sunrise passes time but that's about all it does.

As Cindy Lauper taught us, girls just wanna have fun
>>
>>1108682
>going out to have fun
fucking normies etc
>>
being gay helps a lot,
I'm not trolling
>>
Unless you're an utter Quasimodo, people will talk and be happy talking to you.

The only time I didn't make friends in a hostel was when I was in Gothenburg - the hostel was overrun with autistic Finnish metalheads and Swedish bikers, and even then I had a chat with the bikers.
>>
>>1108788
OP here, I didn't make any friends at the hostel I stayed at.
>>
>>1109103
Do you mean you didn't speak to anyone or you didn't have a lasting and meaningful friendship? If the former then how is that even possible, if the latter then obviously, you'll see these people for like 1 day max, you're never going to be their best friend and they've likely met hundreds of people over their travels.
>>
>>1109123
The former.

People weren't interested in talking to me even when I sat at the bar
>>
>>1109128
LIterally just start talking to them lol, make a comment about somehting, their voice, what they're wearing or anything, then ask the boring questions everyone asks (What's your name, where are you from, where have you been, where are you going) and hopefully that will spark further conversation. Obviously talking to other people who are alone will be easier so go for that. Travellers are friendly people (even if it's that sort of skin deep, don't really care about you friendly), it's not hard.
>>
I stopped going to hostels because i was sick of people constantly talking to me and inviting me to do stuff. And none of the hostels i ever went to even had a bar. I was just there for the cheap bed.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.