[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think NYC is extremely overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Anyone else think NYC is extremely overrated?
>>
Not really. I find most of the people who say that tend to also reek of bitter jealousy.

I wouldn't want to live there but it's a great travel destination in the fall.
>>
File: 1414739007868.jpg (33 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1414739007868.jpg
33 KB, 330x330
No
>>
I think. It's just another big city as any other with burguers.

I would like to go to other places than NYC.
>>
>>1108497
NYC was pretty cool, one of the best places I've been in America

t. English person
>>
It's as good as you make it. It has so much to offer for just one city, but if you don't seek them out it can feel cold and indifferent.
>>
I just got back from being there 6 days.
It actually never called my attention, city seemed "iffy".
I had wanted to go with friends but everyone I know has already gone so I went solo.

I will say that I will be coming back again, there's so much to do, so many restaurants that are Michelin worthy. Nomz.
>>
File: 1449833253151.jpg (26 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1449833253151.jpg
26 KB, 300x375
Great place to check out when you have shitloads of time to burn before hopping on the next plane
Shit place to holiday in
>>
Most people think only of lower Manhattan when they think of NYC. There's so much more to the city than that. I mostly try to avoid lower Manhattan.
>>
>>1108511
lol it's not exactly America m8. It's about as American as London is British. very poor representation of the country, and just a meh place to burn a crap ton of money on night life.

>>1108500
Great? It's mediocre. really only good for those who don't travel much or are amazed by big citys. At least Los Angeles has some cool sights and nice weather. NYC is just high rises and expensive shit.
>>
>>1108825
Los Angeles is almost as bad as NYC. You want to be going to San Diego for the best West coast experience.
>>
>>1108825
Again, anyone who thinks NYC is nothing but highrises and expensive shit hasn't left lower Manhattan. If Brooklyn were to secede and become it's own city it would be the second largest in the US. Queens is enormous. You could literally walk for days and not reach the end of this city.
>>
>>1108825
The weather in the fall is great. And yeah, if you stay around times square I'm sure you get burned out on the high rises and shit. Thankfully those of us who are adults and not total plebs can use the public transportation to reach other more interesting parts of the city (something that's basically impossible in LA)

Want to show us on the doll where NYC touched you? faggot.
>>
>>1108923
The problem with New York, especially BK, is that there's no real New Yorkers left. All the old-school NYers were priced out and now live in NJ or the Lehigh Valley. Now Brooklyn's all hipster faggots with college degrees from Ohio and Nebraska. Fucking shit show.
>>
>>1109140
Every city that isn't a complete shithole is full of hipster transplants from flyover country. Also, there's a lot more to Brooklyn than Williamsburg and Bushwhick.
>>
I thought I would think so when I went to live for a few years on the East Coast (S Orange NJ) for work, but I never tired of it, I was pretty much in the city each day (Morristown line) and it was such a different thing to me from Oregon, the energy was so amazing. I miss it.
>>
I'm starting school in Manhattan in the fall, aaaaaahhh so happy :^)
>>
File: vincequeensboulevard-619099.jpg (400 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
vincequeensboulevard-619099.jpg
400 KB, 1600x1200
>>1109312
and LA is full of New Yorkers who moved for the weather.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.