[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greenland Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 8
Greenland Thread

I'd really like to go visit Greenland this or next summer when it's warmer there and just explore the whole place like the nice little villages, the islands, icebergs, glaciers, ice caps and everything there. I'm just really fascinated by the place and how people live there and I'd really like to explore as much as the country as possible and I want t camp and hike while I'm there. I know it's really expensive there but that's not an issue since I have the money but I need to make the time.

Has anyone here been to Greenland before?
>>
File: Uummannaq[1].jpg (164 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Uummannaq[1].jpg
164 KB, 768x576
>>1108311
>>
>>1108312
>>
>>1108313
>>
File: Ilulissat-port[1].jpg (5 MB, 3872x2176) Image search: [Google]
Ilulissat-port[1].jpg
5 MB, 3872x2176
>>1108314
>>
bumping 'cause Walter Mitty piqued my interest.

Like you, though, I'd want to go in the summer and I wonder if we'd be missing a huge part of the Greenland experience. Like, travelling through Scandinavia in the summer was beautiful/a great time, but I left feeling like I only got to understand/see half of what the countries were about.
>>
>>1108356
That's kind of what got me too though mine is also that I'm just really interested in islands whether they're frozen or tropical. I just really like learning about these places especially the more remote ones and ones that people rarely go to.

I'd feel like maybe we would miss out on that but I come a warmer climate so honestly I'd be fine with missing out on that though I guess I could go a little later and stay to see the beginning of winter.
>>
File: Ittoqqortoormiit_top_hg[1].jpg (1 MB, 2553x1665) Image search: [Google]
Ittoqqortoormiit_top_hg[1].jpg
1 MB, 2553x1665
>>1108316
>>
File: 20150801_173931.jpg (5 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20150801_173931.jpg
5 MB, 4160x2340
I went there last summer for 7 weeks for work, going back again this summer.

What do you want to know? I've only been up and down the west coast flying around in a helicopter doing cool shit.
>>
File: 67867574.png (272 KB, 549x521) Image search: [Google]
67867574.png
272 KB, 549x521
>>1108311
Do people who go to Greenland ever run out of things to do there?
Not shitting on Greenland. It's a beautiful country, but everything seems really limited.
>>
>>1108573
What kind of work was it that you were doing there? Have fun going back, it seems like a great place!

I'd like to know everything and would love to hear some stories about what you did there. What are the locals like there?

>>1108645
I get where you're coming from but you've got a point, at some point there won't be anything left to do. Though I guess if you really like the outdoors and doing things like hiking, fishing, camping, etc then you can still manage to have a good time.
>>
>>1108311
Planning stuff to do in Greenland is pretty difficult. I was looking for sort of a homegrown website for socializing, meetup, selling shit, renting apartments and such.....kind of like gumtree for Greenland but they don't have one.

I tried looking at Denmark and found a few more.

Eventually I settled on visiting Iceland because Greenland, it seems, is a black hole.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.