[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a place where I can combine beaches/snorkeling/diving,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: TrU6QMM.jpg (95 KB, 800x336) Image search: [Google]
TrU6QMM.jpg
95 KB, 800x336
I'm looking for a place where I can combine beaches/snorkeling/diving, and forests/jungle/mountain treks and wildlife exploration.

I ended up thinking of Thailand, and Ko Samui in particular, but I'm looking to add a few more destination ideas to my list.

I previously had a lot more vacation days so it was fine to do a lot of traveling within a country, but this time I'm pretty short on those.
>>
>>1107913
Southern California offers those things.
>>
>>1107913
H A W A I I
A
W
A
I
I
>>
Taiwan, and less travel time between the two.
>>
>>1108000
Where in Taiwan, if you have something in mind?
>>
>>1107913
Don't Go to Samui, don't go to Phuket either. If you decide on Thailand look into Koh Lipe, Trat Provice, and Koh Kood. Go to Koh Tao if you want to be murdered.
>>
>>1107913
Costa Rica also has all those things in close proximity.
>>
>>1107913
>>1108666
Koh Tao ain't THAT dangerous. No more dangerous than Phangan. Good suggestion on Koh Lipe, but if you are looking for something a little more budget friendly, try Koh Lanta
>>
>>1107913
The problem with Thailand is that you won't have good mountains/jungles with all your other activities. You can find treks though but they're really just you walking through a non-impressive jungle in the South. You could go to an island that's not too far from khao sok national park. But imo the best hiking is in the north
>>
>>1108666
Lipe is very nice but far from anything else

and you are exaggerated about Koh Tao,
those British couple fucked around with local mafia, what do you expect ?
the very first rule when you visit any country on earth is to NOT fuck around with these people.
>>
>>1107983
Fuck off were full. Tourists are the worst.
>>
>>1108763
>>1108775
I can't make Tao into a murder meme? First thing I do when I hear about foreigner death in LoS is wonder what they did wrong.
>>
You can try Cuba as well. It is pretty nice and you'd better go before there are too many tourists.
>>
If you have money, Tanzania is a very good place as well by the way. And Zanzibar is really cool.
>>
>>1109044
What about Namibia?
>>
Puerto Rico
>>
Costa Rica!
>>
Belize my dude
>>
>>1109056
>>1109058
>>1109177
A bit far from yeuroop
>>
>>1109054
A lot of sand and not much more.
>>
>>1109244
...and Thailand isn't? Its a 8 - 10 hour flight either way
>>
Fiji is cheap as fuck, amazing jungles, not dangerous like how Auz is, minimal amounts of tourists. Locals treat you well just don't be a dumbass hole.

The beach scene is mostly at resorts I think, plenty of island hoping available with scuba diving cheap, I spent most of my time in the forest tho
>>
New Zealand is a good place for those activities you want to do.
>>
>>1108666
What's going to with Koh Tao? Why so dangerous and what happened?
>>
>>1109307
too expensive in my opinion
it's good for a quick visit to the south island for adventuring. amazing as fuck caves, huge cliffs into the ocean, mountains as tall as the sky.. just expensive as fuck
>>
>>1109308
See
>>1108984
Just a "high profile" murder case and a few other dead bodies, seriously don't worry, I was just bullshitting. If you don't act like an ass and cause problems you won't have trouble. The most dangerous part of Thailand is the roads.
>>
>>1109247
Alright then. So what's the main appeal of Tanzania and Zanzibar? I'd have to spend a few days in one place to first get my diving license.
>>
>>1107913
Quintana Roo senpai
>>
Sabah, Malaysian Borneo. For the jungle go to danhum valley. Scuba diving in sipadan.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.