[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Berlin / Europe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Berlin.jpg (291 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Berlin.jpg
291 KB, 1280x853
Going to Berlin in August for two weeks with my brother and girlfriend.

He's going there for a conference, and after that we're pretty much free to do whatever we want.

Since we're in Europe, we figured it would be a waste to just stay in Berlin, so we were wondering what other areas are near Berlin that we can reach via train or something and air bnb around? We're big on the food and nature aspects.

My brother was mentioning going to Amsterdam, but we need more ideas.

Any suggestions would be seriously considered as this is our first time going to Europe.
>>
Hamburg, Lübeck, Schwerin, Dresden, Prague
all easily accessible by train from Berlin
Potsdam is basically Berlin suburbs

Amsterdam is good idea, although it's already like 6 hours away by train.
>>
>>1107608

We don't mind taking the train out to other areas. We've got 2 weeks after all. Spending it all in Berlin seems like a waste.

Is there any other locations that are farther out like Amsterdam? Taking a train is no problem.
>>
>>1107608
This are good cities to visit. I'd also add Munich and Bremen.

If you're more into nature, give the Sächsische Schweiz or the Mecklenburg Lake District a try.
>>
>>1107611
In 4.5 hours you are in Prague
In 8 hours you are in Paris
In 9 hours you are in Vienna
In 10 hours in Zürich
In 11 hours in Budapest
In 14 hours in Venice

If taking a train is no problem then you can basically go anywhere. No suggestion can help you here.
>>
>>1107611
>>1107616

Take the bus, faggot
>>
>Hello, I am coming to the place called Europ with my family. What places should I visit there?

This is why /trv/ will always stay full of noobs.
>>
>>1107617
Well, you might also want to tell us why should we choose bus over train, mr. totally not faggot.
Like compare price, speed, comfyness, etc.
Because I think that all those places I listed are better accesible by train.
>>
>2 weeks
>starting point: Berlin
>vehicle: train

You can visit Pyongyang.
>>
>>1107618

I know I'm going to be in Berlin. I'm not going to some random location decided with a dart.

We have a plan in Berlin, we just want to make the most of our two weeks and want ideas on what to do from there. Two weeks in Berlin seems like a waste.

>>1107616

Understandable. That helps a lot though, thanks.

>>1107613
>>1107608

Thanks, this gives us ideas to look up in the general area.

>>1107622

I get it, I get it.
>>
>>1107600
you can go pretty much anywhere in europe. max flight time is 3h and you can usually get plane tickets under 100 € from/to any big city. this could also be even cheapper than train

prague is close, cheap and awesome party city
amsterdam is also not far and pretty much on the way to paris, from paris you can take the train (2h) to london. London has the biggest european airport so flights are pretty cheap from there to whole europe
>>
File: 1461168909148.gif (780 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1461168909148.gif
780 KB, 540x360
>>1107621
They're actually just as accessible by bus, and taking the bus is much cheaper, faggot.

Yeah, you're not going to be as comfortable and it might not be as fast. But I much rather pay 20 euro and take the bus instead of 120 euro and take the train. You can literally go to any of those cities by bus and only have to pay 20 euro.

I took the bus from Berlin to Prague in about 4 hours for 20 euro.

I took the bus from Berlin to Amsterdam in about 10 hours for 20 euro.

Deal with it.

https://meinfernbus.de/en
>>
>>1107639
>120 euro

golden class ticket?
>>
Near Berlin and easily accessible by train is a region called Spreewald. It's great if you are interested in nature and food.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Spreewald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7WlYMwPUm0
>>
>>1107668
>https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Spreewald

That seems fantastic, thanks for the tip, friend.
>>
Instead of taking the train, you could also get a low-budget flight. I wanted to take a train from Amsterdam to Berlin, but noticed that round-trip from Schiphol to Berlin Schönefeld with EasyJet was actually cheaper. Also only takes about half an hour.

Apart from that, Copenhagen hasn't been mentioned in this thread, do-able as well.
>>
>>1107649
The train is not cheap at all. It literally costs less to fly now than it does to take the train.

Berlin -> Munich by train is 120€
Berlin -> Munich by bus is 19€
Berlin -> Dresden by train is 44€
Berlin -> Dresden by bus is 9€
Berlin -> Krakow by train is 60€
Berlin -> Krakow by bus is 11€
Berlin -> Paris by train is 109€
Berlin -> Paris by bus is 39€
Berlin -> Paris by plane is also 39€
>>
>>1108156
>Berlin -> Dresden by train is 44€

Berlin-Prague ticket costs ca 35€ and Dresden is like half way.
>>
>>1108174
I just searched www.bahn.de and that's what it gave me.
Berlin -> Magdeburg by train is 48€
Berlin -> Magdeburg by bus is 6€
If Deutsche Bahn wants to keep up with business they need to cut down with their prices because as long as the buses are 5x cheaper I won't be riding the train anytime soon.

The Berlin->Prague route is a bit cheaper because you take a Czech train the entire route and not a German train. If it were solely Deutsche Bahn expect a fare of 80€+
>>
>>1108491
>Berlin -> Magdeburg by train is 48€

I don't know what you do wrong but it gave me
Berlin -> Magdeburg by train is 19€
And if you don't use DB but competing company HEX it's 15€.
>>
>>1108491
>because you take a Czech train the entire route

The operator changes to local one at the border station, that's how it works with majority of international trains around the world. In this case DB. The train unit stays the same of course.
>>
>>1108846
Not him but I pass through Berlin Hauptbahnhof often and always see 30 year old outdated Czech trains going to Prag
>>
>ctrl f 'potsdam'
>1 result

you can get a metro train there since it's considered part of the berlin train system apparently, and there's more than enough to see there to go for a whole day. Get a ticket for one of those hop-on hop-off tour buses, which leave from right outside the train station, and they'll take you right to all the important things. There's the manor house where the potsdam conference was found (nice building and grounds). You can then get back on the next bus and it'll take you to various Prussian royal palaces like Sanssoucci, and you can get off here for a few hours too and walk around the palaces and gardens. Then you can stop off in the town centre which has nice buildings (including amsterdam-style houses built for migrant dutch workers).

If you run out of things to see in Berlin-proper, Potsdam in excellent for a day trip
>>
>>1109283
*where the potsdam conference was signed

fug
>>
>>1107600
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alps
>>
>>1109252
I seriously doubt there are 30 year old trains going to Berllin, I also seriously doubt you can tell how old the train is and last of all I seriously doubt you understand what I am talking about.

The train can be 100 years old and come from Romania or whatever but still, when it is on German soil, it runs as DB train with German tariff. Got it?
>>
File: fare.png (64 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
fare.png
64 KB, 343x357
>>1108491
Anon, you have to use the Saver fare if you don't wat to get jew'd over.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.