[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who knows this feel, /trv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: FB_IMG_1460342456248.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460342456248.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
Who knows this feel, /trv/?
>>
>>1101522
I had one where it was the opposite.
Went well since many had family to where we planned to go so accommodations were a breeze.
>>
>making plans with ur best buds
ayyyy
>>
On the contrary, I keep getting sorta made fun of by my coworkers because I want to go to Japan by myself. I have a couple friends that offered to come with me, but I said I'd rather go alone, and they understood, but my coworkers keep trying to tell me I'm gonna have a bad time and how bored I'll be. I know they're wrong but it's annoying as hell heh.
>>
>not traveling alone

>>1101529
this
>>
>>1101522

>not traveling alone

topkek
>>
Nah it doesn't always work out like that, you just have to have organizational skills. Get in touch with everybody weekly and be unrelenting, plan it 8 months in advance, I planed a trip with 120 people and when it thinned out I still got 28 people with me.
>>
>>1101533
They are travel plebs who will never know the joys of having total freedom to do what you want, when you want, exactly how you want and they don't even know they're missing out.
>>
>>1101562
Why the fuck would you want 28 people to come with you? That sounds like a nightmare. You'd spend more time wrangling everyone and listening to petty disputes because nobody is happy because some people wanted to stay at that last place longer and other people hated that last place and like the new place and other people hate both and are pouting about it, etc.

Big groups are awful to travel with. It's like herding bitchy sheep.
>>
>>1101522
>>1101594
>>1101535
>>1101534

Holy shit, I'm so sorry for you people. You must have aweful friends.
>>
>>1101596
Even if you've been friends with someone all your life, even if you've outright lived with them as a family member or at university, none of those things simulate what it's like to travel with them. You're in each others company basically 100% of the time, frequently having not eaten as well as you would have normally and generally more tired and on edge. I've found that even my best who I get on with better than anyone in the world starts to get on my nerves and vice versa when travelling for a long time.

The advantage of travelling alone is that you're never really "alone" anyway, you meet people wherever you go and can talk with them as much as you like, but you aren't forced to keep talking with them if you don't want to, or make plans including them or anything else. The only shitty bits are long train and bus journeys between towns, they can get really fucking boring when you're on your own. That and a lack of a person to be able to talk to about it. I never bring up my travelling with my friends at home because I know full well they don't want to hear about it.
>>
>>1101596
Dude you will start to hate your friends if you travel with them mate.
>>
>>1101522
Having tried to recruit travel buddies on /trv/, I know that feel exactly.
Never again.
>>
File: 1456233933149.jpg (107 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
1456233933149.jpg
107 KB, 500x665
>>1101603
>>1101663
I never had trouble travelling with friends. We all understood that we'd get tiered of being around each other, so we made an effort to have days where we could do shit on our own. It worked out pretty well, we'd meet up at night and talk about everything we did. The next day we'd do all the cool things from each person's day.
>>
>>1101603
Exactly, you're a solo traveler, but that doesn't mean you're alone. I always find groups of cool people and hang out with them for a few days, maybe a week, then move somewhere new and find new people.
>>
I went on a trip with the jazz band I've been playing with for years. That all worked out well.
Besides that I've gone on a trip with my girlfriend and another couple, and a couple of trips with just one or two of my closest friends. I find that to be a good way to travel, because you've got plenty of freedom and flexibility, some days we do our own thing, but when we wanted company or whatever it was pretty good to have it. It could be rough if neither of you is very independent or something though.
>>
>>1101594
>You'd spend more time wrangling everyone and listening to petty disputes
Tell them to fuck off?
>>
File: 1460342380146.jpg (81 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460342380146.jpg
81 KB, 640x640
best way
>>
>>1101699
That's like traveling adjacent to friends as opposed to traveling WITH friends. If you all separate and do your own stuff everyday and meet up at night then it could be pretty chill.
>>
i travel with my parents. i paid for my own rental car and drove in group together with them. they are loaded so we had a good time at the nicest hotels in europe and got to do some awesome things
>>
>>1101533
I went to Japan by myself a couple years ago. it was fun, but i think it is true that it would have been more fun with someone else.

if you can just bring like one person who isn't very controlling about where you go and when, it would be a blast.
>>
>>1101533
I went to Japan by myself and it was shit. This was after having the time of my life in SE Asia for 3 months. It's so easy to meet other backpackers there. Japan it is NOT, honestly I had such a shit time. The locals want you to lose their fuckin number and hostels are filled with basement dwelling weebs and konichiwa bitches that try to speak broken wapanese
>>
>>1102070
That's because you treated Japan like SEA. Of fucking course it's not SEA. Did you really expect to find backpacker slums in Tokyo or where ever full of people just 'wingin' it?

No, it's an adult city and everyone has shit to do. There are plenty of people who want to be your friend, but they don't hang out in hostels hoping a free spirit shows up so they can join briefly together as one and experience the power of now in this savage neon jungle.

Going to Japan alone is like traveling on expert mode because the information in all the guides is garbage, either because it's outdated or so obvious that everyone and their mother goes there and so that place caters to the lowest common denominator.

The only way to make the most out of a trip to Japan in general and Tokyo/Osaka in specific is to know someone who lives there who is outgoing and knows all the best stuff happening at the moment and all the things that are left out of the guides.

You have to investigate, socialize, and explore to really get the best out of Japan. It's not an open book with all its secrets out in the open like other places.
>>
>>1102073
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb
>>
>>1102058
we only did it two or three times during the trip 2bh
>>
File: thetruth.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
thetruth.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
>implying this isn't the truth
>>
>>1102042
Gay
>>
>>1102318
Lol oh fuck
>>
>>1101522
> implying I have friends
>>
>>1102042
Gay is the best way after all.
>>
>>1102318
Wish this was the truth, but there is a lot of pre trip posting here, but not as much during and after
>>
>>1101522

I know this feel.

>2010
>Planning a Vegas mashup
>10+ people IN (fucking yes men)
>Inform peeps that flights need to be booked by X date as they will skyrocket afterwards
>Start noticing only a few people are hyped
>"Hey are you guys still interested in coming?"
>"Of course! What are the details again?"
>Start noticing that only a few people have even checked out what hotels they wanted to stay at
>X date arrives only Myself, brother and best mate have tickets
>"Its ok lads, there is still time to get a flight..blah blah"
>Traveling in a month
>People didn't even have the respect to say they were out, have to call around to find out.
>Fuck em
>Went to Vegas, had a great time
>Everyone wants the see the pics, hear the stories when we get back
>"Aww, shit! We should have come! Next time!

Never planned any trips with those people ever again. This type of situation isn't even exclusive to traveling, something as simple as planning a dinner party or collecting deposits for work related things.
>>
I don't pay rent because I live in an inherited house
so have about £600 a month extra in addition to your standard disposable income

I wouldn't expect people my age in London to be able to come on a whim to the places I go to.

"Who wants to come on an impromptu trip to Bilbao?"

It's not gonna happen. I live a blessed life and it's first world problem as fuck to wish for richer friends
>>
>>1104267
the OP pic doesn't depict a whim but months of planning
>>
>>1104242
I have friends like that, I never bother inviting them to things like that anymore
>>
>>1104273
planning not respected by your friends
>>
>>1104486
You mean...

I HAD friends like that, I never bothered inviting them to things like that anymore.

Those people don't sound like friends to me anon...
>>
>>1102070
>>1102073
I had the greatest time of my life in Japan mostly on my own. Including my time in Tokyo, I went from West of Osaka (Takeda) all the way to Hokkaido making stops along the way.

Didn't use guides, shit is easy to get around, even country buses, tell you exactly each stop as they come up.

Researched before hand made my own maps on mymaps. Google maps gps is shit in metro city area in Osaka I found, great in country area though.

Going back to live there for a while on working holiday.
>>
>>1101562
>Harass people weekly about travelling to a country for 8 months

Fuck that
"im going to such and such country and you can come with if you want. This is the flight I am going to book. Bye."
>>
>>1101668
goofy ass bitch, try to get to know some people DURING your mofucking trip
>>
>>1101522
PROTIP:

Never plan anything in advance, just try to get to know some people during your trips.
Its way more fun to get to know some new peeps, maybe locals & shit.

Its basically more fun, because u aint expeting anything, but getting everything!

just get your ass up, stand ur ground and fucking do it.
>>
But what about sharing experiences with those you know that you can talk about later?
>>
>>1101663
>>1101699
You guys must have some fucked up """"""friends""""""

I travel all over the world with my tight knit group of 4 and we never have any problems at all. Everyone just goes with the flow and doesn't kick up a fuss if we don't get to do something they want.
>>
>>1105369
Do you speak any Japanese anon?
>>
>>1101596
I've travelled both solo and with friends.

Tbqh, both have positives and negatives, but I much prefer solo travel. Going with someone who has a different rhythm to you can be quite jarring (e.g. if you like to travel light and rush around, it's annoying as fuck to go with someone who like to go slow and take a ton of shit)
>>
>>1101522
Usually it's the opposite for me. I prefer to be alone and plan things by myself, but if someone keeps poking around and asks or sees me planning they're like"Anon, c-can I come?" "Is it alright if I join? I mean I like that idea but ________"

Keep it a secret, unless you're like OP and you want people to come with you. I guess it's like the South Park episode when Cartman owned an amusement park....
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.